Pannier on R3? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Pannier on R3?

Have anybody done it so far? I would really like to try to get a Givi E22 sidebox up on my R3 or something similar.

Thought a box that could store my rain coat would be great, and top box simply spoils the looks of the bike :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjyong View Post
Have anybody done it so far? I would really like to try to get a Givi E22 sidebox up on my R3 or something similar.

Thought a box that could store my rain coat would be great, and top box simply spoils the looks of the bike :/
^^ Would like to know too, have a long journey to make
post #3 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

I've seen a couple of photos online of people doing it but i am not really sure how to go about doing it. I was thinking of using the screws underneath the pillion seat, but i consulted a mechanic and he told me that it might not be very stable.
Attached Images

post #4 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
If you look closely at the picture you can see the extra brakets/bracing extending back from the rear pegs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
I have a hepco and becker saddlebag system which mounts under the tail and from the passenger pegs. It is very stable.
You might be able to get givi racks from another bike and modify the mounting points if you are mechanically inclined. If not, there aren't a whole lot of options.

Here's what my frame and mounting points look like.

http://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-Be...R3_p_5189.html
post #6 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Ventura make a mount specifically for the R3. I've got the top box installed, but they provide a range of luggage options including panniers.

http://www.ventura-mca.com

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
post #7 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
post #8 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the input

But i'm not really looking into saddlebags etc because in my country it rains A LOT (it's raining as i'm posting this right now). My current temporary solution is by using a waterproof bag, that is secured using a net tied to the helmet hook beneath the seat. I tried tank bag on my previous bike before too but all these solution will still allow water to seep through into my stuffs, so i was hoping to look for something more solid rather than a bag/luggage sort.

@cxa0897 , I saw that online too, if only GIVI had the same thing :/

@mitdr774 , Yeah i noted that, but i dont think that 2 point would give sufficient stability, furthermore it would pose a problem on the opposite side where there is no exhaust to secure the bar to
post #9 of 20 Old 05-26-2016, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a pair of Givi 22's that need a bike too- and I contacted Givi to ask if they had any plans to make sidecase brackets for the R3, and was told "no"

It seems like they make brackets for everything else- so why not the R3 ? Maybe if enough people asked about it they would reconsider.
post #10 of 20 Old 05-27-2016, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjyong View Post
I've seen a couple of photos online of people doing it but i am not really sure how to go about doing it. I was thinking of using the screws underneath the pillion seat, but i consulted a mechanic and he told me that it might not be very stable.
Would we be able to see a few other pictures of it? Particularly from the back? Also, where did you get it from? Would you be able to get a link for me? I can't find any. Did you have to make any modifications to the bike to get it fitted?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page