OEM frame sliders - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 06-24-2016, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
OEM frame sliders

Has anyone been able to locate an installation video for the OEM frame sliders?

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YZF-R3.../dp/B011M8WAYC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-24-2016, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Garage
I haven't come across an install video

Reviews on those are hit or miss. They don't offer too much protection if the bike falls over, they attach directly to the fairing (and require a hole be drilled) and they're just hollow plastic

There's better options out there for around the same price.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Slip-On Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Adjustable Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-24-2016, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
I didnt find any vidoes when installed them. If you follow the instructions, they are more than enough. All you need to do is remove the fairings and used a drill or plastic reamer. There is an X where the holes need to go.

I dont think theyll do much, but i still bought them anyway. I liked how they looked compared to other sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

post #4 of 16 Old 06-24-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildottore46 View Post
I didnt find any vidoes when installed them. If you follow the instructions, they are more than enough. All you need to do is remove the fairings and used a drill or plastic reamer. There is an X where the holes need to go.

I dont think theyll do much, but i still bought them anyway. I liked how they looked compared to other sliders.

I purchased them for the unique look also , I just wanted some basic protection in case I lapsed in judgement one day and forget to put the kickstand down. Anyway , as far as those holes go , I'm not seeing any X's on the right faring , I haven't checked the left yet but I'm guessing they should be present on both. My main concern is drilling the correct spot , can you provide some insight where exactly those X's are? The diagram isn't to " pinpoint " , especially when you can't even locate the X's.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-24-2016, 02:01 PM

Garage
OEM frame sliders

When was ur bike made. Mines from 1/15. Newer ones may not have have the X.

If the fairings are still off, can u post a picture? The X isnt huge or very noticeable. Its just a slightly raised molding in the inside if the fairing.

One X will be about 3 inches below the yamaha sticker. The other will be on the black piece in front of the blinker. It should be in line with the other X

Not sure if itll help, but heres an up close shot

Nick

Last edited by Ildottore46; 06-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-24-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

So i managed to locate them after taking off the original faring , seems like they weren't present on the replacement which might make your conclusion of them not being on the newer bikes. Anyway , should be good from here.
post #7 of 16 Old 09-16-2016, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Guys - just wondering if these secure solidly? They look like they protrude a bit from the fairing - do they vibrate, buzz, or move around at highway speed?
post #8 of 16 Old 09-16-2016, 05:59 PM

Garage
I haven't noticed any problems with them. I don't feel any vibrations or wobble. When i installed them, i made sure everything was tight, but not so tight it would crack the fairing.

Ive only had them installed for 200 miles though, so nothing long term.

Nick
post #9 of 16 Old 09-16-2016, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
If you don't hit the track you don't need sliders. People put them on because it looks "trick." So instead of worrying about your sliders vibrating on the highway, just don't put them on. But it is your bike, so I won't hate. Buuuut, if I were you I'd spend my coin on something else, like stainless steel brake lines.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
post #10 of 16 Old 09-16-2016, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelina View Post
Guys - just wondering if these secure solidly? They look like they protrude a bit from the fairing - do they vibrate, buzz, or move around at highway speed?
my bike came with these already installed, 8 months and 600 miles later I can report no buzzing, wobbling or loosening. I think these may offer a little (very little) protection at low speed slide or bike tipping over in parking lot. But, don't kid yourself, these are in no way the equivalent to the sliders TST, Graves or even "no-cut" Shogun sliders.

BTW, it's a well known fact that the red/white R3s are the fastest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page