23Likes

post #1 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Bike Stand

Hey everyone,
I tried finding a thread regarding stands, and I can't seem to find anything.

What brands do you guys recommend for stands? I've been getting both sides that any kind will do to only ones above a certain price point are best.

Suggestions for this beginner rider?

Thanks!

When life gets crazy, I ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
It seems that Pit Bull is the most favored, but also the most expensive, so I went with T-Rex Racing, which is also a popular alternative at a lower price point, and I've been very satisfied by them. My friend has the Venom ones which are the most reviewed stands sold by Amazon and are even cheaper; they feel good, but you get what you pay for and those stands don't feel as solid as my T-Rex ones. Beyond that, I haven't heard of any other popular ones.

I'd scour your local Craigslist to buy used and save yourself a lot of money, since there's not much difference between new and old except a big difference in price.

Also, get the rear stands that lift via swingarm spools, and get swingarm spools for your bike if you don't have them yet; they can be had for very cheap, and will make it so much easier to lift the bike.
Sapico likes this.
post #3 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
It seems that Pit Bull is the most favored, but also the most expensive, so I went with T-Rex Racing, which is also a popular alternative at a lower price point, and I've been very satisfied by them. My friend has the Venom ones which are the most reviewed stands sold by Amazon and are even cheaper; they feel good, but you get what you pay for and those stands don't feel as solid as my T-Rex ones. Beyond that, I haven't heard of any other popular ones.

I'd scour your local Craigslist to buy used and save yourself a lot of money, since there's not much difference between new and old except a big difference in price.

Also, get the rear stands that lift via swingarm spools, and get swingarm spools for your bike if you don't have them yet; they can be had for very cheap, and will make it so much easier to lift the bike.

Thanks Felixthecat - that was actually my next question that I was going to ask regarding rear stands and swingarm spools. I'll definitely take a look on craigslist. Thanks again!

post #4 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Garage
Pit Bull for the win.
Sapico likes this.

TST Undertail and Fender Eliminator kit, TST Flush Front Turn Signals, TST Intergrated Tail light, Fork Pre Load Adjusters, Rear Set Relocation Plates, CNC Mirror Block off plates, CRG Blindside mirror, R6 Throttle Tube, Full Arrow Stainless Steel Header with Arrow can, Adjustable Levers, OEM Cowl
post #5 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was on a budget and I picked up the BikeMaster Universal Aluminum Rear Stand. The price was right, the build quality is ok and it allows me to do my own maintenance with ease.
Sapico likes this.

2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 Matte Gray

Mods: Vagabond FE, Vagabond FS, Yoshi Rear Spools, NortonFab Motorsports 3/4 Length Race Levers, PUIG Racing Windscreen, Barracuda Mini Viper Turn Signals, R6 Throttle Tube

Last edited by HFX-R3; 07-27-2016 at 03:06 PM.
post #6 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Garage
I have the forward handle Pitbull rear stand and I'm very happy with it.
The extra win is that I don't need to put the kickstand up before using the stand.

rviator, giff74, HFX-R3 and 2 others like this.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle Tube, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Shorty Slip-On Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Adjustable Clutch and Front Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I got MOTO-D stands . Really happy with the decision. They are good quality, and very sturdy
Sapico likes this.

I sell propane and propane accessories.
post #8 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 04:00 PM

If you just need the stand for short term uses, like cleaning the chain or oil changes. Try the Low Profile stand from Harbor Freight. They can be had for under $35 with the 20% off coupon. I'm happy with the way it works.

If its going to be used for longer periods of time like winter storage then you can go ahead and invest in a Pit Bull stand to give you some added peace of mind. It's worth noting though that I still would think the Harbor Freight one would do the job just fine for this scenario as well but everyone's mentality and budget is different.
Sapico likes this.
post #9 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoe44 View Post
If you just need the stand for short term uses, like cleaning the chain or oil changes. Try the Low Profile stand from Harbor Freight. They can be had for under $35 with the 20% off coupon. I'm happy with the way it works.

If its going to be used for longer periods of time like winter storage then you can go ahead and invest in a Pit Bull stand to give you some added peace of mind. It's worth noting though that I still would think the Harbor Freight one would do the job just fine for this scenario as well but everyone's mentality and budget is different.
Thanks for that bit of information. The Pit Bull brand is definitely a bit pricey, and I really only plan on using it to do some minor modifications on my bike. I'll definitely take a look at Harbor Freight.

post #10 of 30 Old 07-27-2016, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Pitbull.

I have a PSR econo-stand. It's a little sketchy, but perfect for weekend baths and the occasional oil change.
Sapico likes this.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page