Yamaha R3 Forums banner

R3 or MT-03

49K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  TMD5855 
#1 ·
Just wondering what you guys think R3 or MT-03 for street riding and commuting.

#2 ·
in terms of looks, the R3 looks better.

The R3 riding position is also not aggressive that it makes it tiring when riding it for long. Its surprisingly more upright than other bikes. However the MT-03 will be more relax. but if you want a "sportbike" look, the R3 is perfect enough, it has the looks and comfort.

#6 ·
I had a days ride on the MT recently, it was fun to try it out.

My R3 riding position is much sportier than stock, but the MT felt like it was a fair bit more upright than stock R3. I could be wrong though, my R3 hasn't been stock for a good 15k miles. The upright position of the MT made my back ache after a few hours

The MT didn't feel like it had as much gust to it, but that could be a perceived thing, due to my mods on my R3 making it feel quicker.

#8 ·
Still waiting for a chance to see the MT03 or FZ3, and ride it. May have to get the little honda 300f, but with the latest recall on the Honda, the Yamaha sounds like a safer buy.
Just need the bike for around town and maybe around the Sunshine State.

#12 · (Edited)
When I came to buy, looked at both. But the MT-03 sitting posture was tight against the family jewels, whereas the R3 sitting posture was not. Now I am 62 and ridden bikes all my life, but, the MT-03 was not comfortable for me.

If I were you, which I am not...... Would buy what suits you personally, it is not a popularity bike contest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.