All NEW 2017 Model Bikes Just Released @ Intermot - OPINIONS? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

16Likes

post #1 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
All NEW 2017 Model Bikes Just Released @ Intermot - OPINIONS?

Here the New bikes Just Released @ Intermot today.

What do you guys think ?

2017 Ducati Supersport
2017 CBR1000RR
2017 GSX-R 125
2017 GSX-R 1000

#DucatiSupersport #CBR1000RR #GSXR125 #GSXR1000

Gizmo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 704-799-2192
See our complete >>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<
Check out our Youtube Channel for Lots of Great Parts Installation >>
<<
Ohlins Premier Dealer, Great Prices, Tech.Support, Full Staff of Sales Reps, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping,
Large Inventory and Excellent Customer Service.
Celebrating our 17th year in business

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
The GSXR 125 doesn't make sense to me. Maybe for junior racing leagues, but even then, not really?

GSXR needed a 250 or a 300 to compete in the super strong market right now and they kind of missed the mark there I think.

That being said, of all the announcements made so far, I like their new bike the best. It is making some much needed advancements and them, along with the CBR1000, are doing exactly what I have been saying everyone needed to start doing: make two models, a performance one and a cheaper one for all the people who don't want to spend $25,000 on a bike they will only take to the track a couple of times.

I don't like the CBR so much. It looks terrible, which is not all that matters. It does have Brembos, Ohlins, a much needed power upgrades but I have my worries it's not enough. With them dropping the 600, they needed to come out with a bang and I worry the CBR is still going to be the underdog of the group.

I don't like the new color options on the S1000RR. I think the current colors look better.

The Aprilia is getting some nice updates.

The new Ducati, though, is the most intriguing bike to me. Ducati realizes not everybody can justify a bike that costs as much as a decent car, and not everybody needs a full race bike for their daily commute. Ducati has been suffering a bit for this, but the Supersport is tackling that. A full fairing, full feature, comfortable full fairing motorcycle was desperately needed. The only other bike that was close was the CBR650f and I believe Honda missed the mark there as well, as much as I wanted them to not.

I saw a Ducati dealer say pricing is $13,000 and $15,000 on the Ducati. If that is true, that will be an EXTREMELY competitive motorcycle over the next few years.

I'm definitely eager to see what Yamaha announces with the R6. If they can do to the R6 what everyone else is doing to their liters, I think they will have a recipe for success that only Triumph is filling right now: a bike with all the features that isn't a 1000.
xorbe and Gizmo like this.
post #3 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
GSX-R125 joins the Grom and Z-125 as second bike toys. Obviously I would have much preferred (along with everyone else) a GSX-R400 w/48 whp ...

The Ducati looks nice of course, but look at the semi-aggressive clip-ons.

Not mentioned in OP's post ('cuz it's not a new bike) was that the Ninja 650R lost 42 pounds to become hopefully 423 lbs wet. Tail tidy + lithium battery, a nice faired 417 pound street-oriented bike with 60+ whp finally?
Longhill and GearDrivenCam like this.

post #4 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
The new Fireblade looks like sex. Suzuki looks like they are just slowly digging themselves into the bottom of the bunch as far as design aesthetics go. In other words, they are doing nothing. Suzuki is now like the Acura.

Telling you what you don't want to hear even though deep down you know I'm right.

Last edited by Jay Joe; 10-06-2016 at 08:30 PM.
post #5 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Like many others, I am lusting after the looks of that Ducati! I really want to see a rider on it so I can tell just how aggressive the seating position is. However, just like a BMW or Aprilia my wife would never agree to me spending that much on a bike. HAHA

The new CBR looks really good, but I haven't seen much info from Honda about it yet. Although I've never owned a Honda motorcycle, I've always been a fan. I guess we'll have to wait until some actual reviews come in to know if it competes with the likes of the R1.

More 125's..... Why? Unless you live in a huge city and you can lane split, I just don't see the point of these bikes. Maybe I'm finally too old to "get it?"

"She's fast enough for you old man...."
post #6 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage
I love the look of the new Fireblade.
I like the Ducatti but my decision will be based on rider position... something I can't tell from that one photo.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Lightech Rear Turns, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

post #7 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
GSX-R125 joins the Grom and Z-125 as second bike toys. Obviously I would have much preferred (along with everyone else) a GSX-R400 w/48 whp ...?
And that latter is a bike the market is asking for and isn't getting. The only bikes that are inbetweens are the CBR500R - which we all know brings little more to the market than a 300, the CBR650F - which is a little much for many riders at 90hp, and the Ninja 650. The Ninja may become a bit more competitive, but the riding position and the physical looks of the bike IMO write it out of this market.

A 50-60hp motorcycle that has a similar seating position and feel as a 300 would sell very, very well IMO. The only thing I dislike about the R3 is the lack of grunt it has at high speeds, which I feel considering I commute on my R3 and I take a 40mile toll road ride every day...

But both the 125s on the market are made by companies that already have entry level bikes to fulfill the need of the market. I just don't see how a GSXR125 will be more profitable than a GSXR300 would be, but there are some very intelligent businessmen in that company who know what they are doing so what do I know?
skids likes this.
post #8 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I had high hopes for that Ducati, but wet weight looks like 470ish and it's still priced almost as high as a 959. There are way better options at that price, but none sexier.
post #9 of 40 Old 10-06-2016, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Out of all of these - I'm most interested in trying out the GSXR125. For the riding I do - the others would be overkill. Fun in a straight line - but otherwise boring, and ultimately too much work. Like dating a neurotic supermodel. Beautiful and fun to date occasionally - but you wouldn't want to live with them on a daily basis. I believe Suzuki is claiming that the GSXR125 has a better power-to-weight ratio than the Yamaha YZF-R125, and will be less expensive to purchase. The YZF is one of the best selling bikes in Britain - so I suspect that Suzuki is aiming to take away some of those sales from Yamaha.

Last edited by GearDrivenCam; 10-07-2016 at 10:07 AM.
post #10 of 40 Old 10-07-2016, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Garage
The new Fireblade looks to be an exact match for the new Yamaha R1.
The new R1 is "Sportbike of the Year". And now it has an equal.
I expect exactly the same lap-times when they start testing the new crop of literbikes.
The technology is all the same now. Pick your favorite brand, pick your favorite color, and ride!

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page