Anyone thought about doing this... - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 10-26-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Anyone thought about doing this...

I'm thinking of having my rims powder coated neon green (or whatever color is that) like the Yamaha FZ10. I already have the matte gray, so it might look exactly like this, which I really like.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-26-2016, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
When and if I get one I have already planned out a new rim color. Someone has already done white on a red r3 that looks super. So yea go for it.
Visual360 likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-27-2016, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Not sure where on the internet I pulled this image from, so if it's someone on this forum I apologize for not giving the credit where it's due...
...but with my own red R3, I'm thinking these gold wheels look simply amazing. Granted, these are clearly aftermarket wheels but I feel powder coating my black rims to this finish will still look pretty tight.
Attached Images

Gizmo and Visual360 like this.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-27-2016, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Awhile before Yamaha started releasing the FZ armor grey/night fluro colors, one of the members did their wheels in that color. Its on glossy black, but its still similar.

Show Us Your Yamaha R3

Visual360 likes this.

If you argue with an internet moron, everyone loses.
post #5 of 13 Old 10-27-2016, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Joe View Post
Awhile before Yamaha started releasing the FZ armor grey/night fluro colors, one of the members did their wheels in that color. Its on glossy black, but its still similar.

Show Us Your Yamaha R3

Oh my! That looks great. I like it. Looks like that'll be my next mod. Thanks for sharing the pic.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-27-2016, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'd be careful with that mod. As good as it looks, it is quite a distinct mod. I'd probably go for a more neutral color if I were to do this.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Garage
I like the look. Just be aware of the fact that your black wheels 'look' clean. These yellow or white wheels will need constant care and cleaning or they'll look terrible.
naripsta and Gizmo like this.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Lightech Rear Turns, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 10-28-2016, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I think the new FZ10 is ugly, but not because of the wheels. The neon is cool. I think it could look good if done right. That neon is a hard color to nail. I had a neon jacket the looked dorky, but the neon on Valentino Rossi is sick.

FWIW the white wheels and gold wheels on the red look sweet.

Oh, and I think red wheels on the matte grey would look the ****.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-29-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
That neon paint looks awesome for some tires. I have a friend who painted his R6 that color, and it looks pretty awesome imo. Adding some black stickers to it will make it work if you feel it looks like you went over it with a highlighter.
post #10 of 13 Old 11-07-2016, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Well finally found a company that would do both rims for $120.00 (I need to provide the paint).

How easy/hard is it to remove both rims from the bike?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page