Aftermarket turn signals - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

post #1 of 17 Old 10-28-2016, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Aftermarket turn signals

Hello, I picked up my 2016 R3 from the dealer today and have already ordered a yoshi fender eliminator, but I would like font and back turn signals to go with it, I was looking at getting 2 sets of these, which say they have the resistors included, so do i just plug and use or do i need a special harness , thanks.
revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-eyeshot-led-turn-signal-indicators-neptune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-28-2016, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Here is what I would recommend. I ordered the TST flushmount front LED turn signals and rear LED turn signals. Furthermore, in case you do not know, after going to LED, you have to get a relay. Also, TST sell Yamaha cable adapters so it is easy "plug N play" cabling for the turn signals instead of having to deal with splicing. One caveat. I loved the quality and look of the front and rear turn signals. However, I did worry a bit about the visibility from the direct front of the bike. The rear turn signals stick outward while the front ones are "flushmount," obviously. So I actually purchased the R&G LED turn signals, which jut out a bit more and in my opinion are more visible from the front as turns in front of bikes are a major cause of problems. However, I have been a lazy sack of crap and haven;t actually changed them out.

Anyway, the TST flushmounts are $15, the rear $29, and the relay is $19 while the signal plug converters are $6 so they are very well priced and high quality. No complaints. The R&G's were like $86, so it is up to personal preference and budgetary concerns. That is a huge difference in price for a little change I'd recommend all of them. You really cannot go wrong. I originally wanted the TST LED Halo (running light style) turn signals, but they've said coming soon for over a year.

Here is a link to TST's R3 part's page

Here is the link to the R&G Aero LEF front turn signals on RevZ.

You can see pics of them on my bike in my worklog thread or SHow US you R3 or What Did You Do to Your R3 Today thread! Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old 10-28-2016, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Yeah, go with the TST signals with OEM harness, easy install, look great and quality is good. As for the rear, I'm partial to integrated tail light myself TST also has a nice one of these.
Gizmo likes this.

post #4 of 17 Old 10-29-2016, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I definitely recommend TST for both the front and rear signals. Great products!

Motovlogger on a Yamaha R3 and Bolt. YT: Yamaha ZED

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 Raven.
2015 Yamaha Bolt
post #5 of 17 Old 10-29-2016, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
i bought some diamond shaped ones that have the middle taken out of them. they look cool
post #6 of 17 Old 10-29-2016, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Do i need a flasher for each turn signal? Are the TST flushmounts visible from head on? That kinda worries me about flush mounts...
post #7 of 17 Old 10-29-2016, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperRider View Post
Do i need a flasher for each turn signal? Are the TST flushmounts visible from head on? That kinda worries me about flush mounts...
A relay? You just need 1 relay. The front flushmounts aren't expensive. I'd just order the entire set-front, rear, a relay, and Yamaha cable adapters-I forget if some come with turn signals-I did end up with extras. I think Some came with signals and I ordered extra sets-doesn't hurt to have backups. The fronts take like 10mim to install. Just a few screws and taking off inside of side fairings. If you don't end up liking front signals, it was only $15. You should verify with TST.

The R&G Aero Led front signals stick out a bit more and are slightly more visible from front but are way more expensive at $86. Just wanted to give you the full idea of what I've done. I still have TST's on my bike. Going to install the R&G's today or tomorrow. I ordered them so might as well install them, but I like them both. Everything I've ordered from TST has been top notch.

Let us know what you decide and post pics when you have a chance!
post #8 of 17 Old 10-30-2016, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
This is what I got for my bike. Not shown on the R3 but you get the idea.

post #9 of 17 Old 10-31-2016, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I purchased a set of the Barracuda Mini Vipers for my R3. The install is dead simple when you purchase a set of OEM lighting wiring harness and I highly recommend getting the plastic insert adapters.

The lights are your regular bulb setup (so no resistors or relay required) and they are bright. The only downside is the Barracuda Mini Vipers are a 2-wire setup, so no running lights.
Attached Images

2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 Matte Gray

Mods: Vagabond FE, Vagabond FS, Yoshi Rear Spools, NortonFab Motorsports 3/4 Length Race Levers, PUIG Racing Windscreen, Barracuda Mini Viper Turn Signals, R6 Throttle Tube
post #10 of 17 Old 11-01-2016, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Here are mine.
New Watsen design led turn signals installed

Vagabond FE, Watson design flush mount signals, Rizoma action led rear signals, factory solo cowl.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page