Yamaha R3 Forums banner

For those who say you can't wheelie an R3...

21K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  Omnislug 
#1 ·
Oh yes you can!!

#7 ·
I weigh 117 Kgs. I have reached upto 162 Kmph on level road. At that stage I still had more than 1000 rpms to go before the upper limit.

The 0-100 times are around >9 secs for me. Though that is more due to my gear shifting inadequacies rather than something to do with the bike.

regards,
Jawed

#14 ·
I tried to clutch up it today. Been doing it for the last few days actually lol. Anyone with tips on clutch ups for a 250? On my 600 or 650 it's pretty easy. I rev the little 250 to 8k and drop the clutch but only get like 6 inches off the ground. Pretty lame.

Been wanting to install my Brembo caliper before deployment again. Still waiting on the parts/time to do so. My bike is almost done with all performance mods. I think the last piece is a rear shock, but right now I want to do a track day first to see how much I dislike the stock shock. The Ohlins fork cartridges are already proving their worth, even for my mostly commuting miles so far. I can't wait to take it to the track. Last canyon run I did was on stock internals.

#15 · (Edited)
So I've been trying to clutch up this little 250 for about a week now, 2-3 tries on my way home from work everyday. I can't get it more than a few inches off the ground. Anyone with tips? I saw Jake the garden snakes video and he is revving to around 5k and dropping the clutch. I go to 8k and can't get anywhere near as high as or as long of a wheelie as him. Bet luck I had was when I had a back pack full of crap and that probably helped change the weight distribution just enough to get it up, but still was just a baby wheelie regardless.

#18 ·
Thanks! Got any videos, or any chance of one? This is exactly what I need. I am doing what you do bt at 8krpm instead. I get it up but not for long and only a few inches. I would imagine is is also slightly different in rpm for an R25. Another thing is, a different poster on YouTube is doing it at only 5krpm.

#32 ·
It's whatever feels comfortable. I've never tried a bounce wheelie guess I'll give it a go next week. But I've heard clutch wheelies could damage your clutch. All in all suspension will not be too happy either one. I've already done fork seals on my old r6 not really in the mood to do em on my r3 so I like to keep it to a minimum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#37 ·
I bought the r6 with broken fork seals. I never said I've damaged my suspension. Instead of bragging bout bouncing your bike how bout a video? People here just wanna learn how to wheelie not hear someone brag about how they like to do their wheelies. I guess reading is just not for everyone.

#38 ·
I live in MN, there is ice and snow on the ground, so I cant just run outside and make a vid for squids. Dont get all butt hurt because you dont know how to ride a wheelie. Its a very simple task. Stand up, bounce all your weight on the bike evenly in the center. When the bike is at its lowest point in the bounce, and about to come back up, give it full throttle, and pull up. But be careful, if you are in 1st gear, you may flip the bike over backwards. The front wheel will come off the ground faster and easier than it ever has when you've been destroying your clutch in attempts to wheelie. I highly recommend doing this in 2nd gear. I couldnt tell you what RPM, as I dont ever really use my gauges. If you still havent figured this out in a few months, once the ice and snow is gone, I will make a video. This method is so effective, that I am able to pull up wheelies on my gravel road.

#39 · (Edited)
Smh. I never said I don't know how to wheelie, if you can do a wheelie with a clutch it's a wheelie. If you can do it with your bounce technique good for you. It's all preference. All I said was that I'd rather not do em all the time and you pressume I can't do one. I'll quote you here "I guess wheelies just arent for everyone". They' re not, they're entitled to do whatever they want with their bike. I'm just telling people how I prefer to do a wheelie. Doesn't make it any less of a wheelie, it's a choice. If you live in MN good for you man, I'm not here to argue with you. I'm just saying there's many ways to do a wheelie, just cause I do em with my clutch it's no less of a wheelie. Come on man, let's make the r3 forums fun, let's not turn it into the Honda or civic forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.