Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Street Fighter Custom

18K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Omnislug 
#1 ·
I recently attended a motorcycle show in Toronto and met this guy who does unique custom kits on smaller CC model bikes. Probably the only thing at the show that really interested me.

The guy's name is Joshua Brasse, and the name of the company is BLK LAB Motorcycles, if anyone's interested. Overall really nice dude, met him in person and he's been answering my emails, texts, and everything so far. Very responsive.

It's a little pricey but I'm going to have my R3 in for custom work early February for this kit. I've read some bad reviews online about him (a few years back) about ordering his stuff online but I'm having my bike personally delivered to his shop and having the kit designed there. His shop is pretty close to where I live, so if I have any complaints I could just address him in person.

Since my bike will be the first R3 he's ever worked with, it is going to be with him for about 4 weeks, usually he has everything done within 2 weeks. The kit includes; the custom fairings, signals, lights, bar-end mirrors, tank and fender painted to match (matte black). He said any comments or adjustments to the design can be worked in as well.

In addition, I just recently ordered vortex clip-ons to throw into the mix.

He's also recently started designing kits for bigger bikes (like in the photo posted -> gxsr 1000)
I asked him if the design for my bike can share similar characteristics as the photo posted, and he said it shouldn't be a problem. Therefore what I'm posting should be (roughly) what it is going to look like.

I'll update whenever I can about the process, he said he would get back to me with a rough draft of what the design would look like on the R3, just wanted to share the project with everyone.

The finished product should be completed early March (as promised), but we will see how things go.

Opinions, comments, and recommendations are welcomed as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If everything goes well, the design for my R3 will potentially be the one available for everyone else to purchase. That's why if there's any ideas or recommendations that I should ask him to add throughout the design I'm more than happy to listen! Any likes or dislikes are welcomed too haha

#13 · (Edited)
*Update*

If anyone is going to be at the 2017 Motorcycle Spring Show in Toronto, March 25-26th, my bike is going to be displayed there. If anyone is interested, the kit will be fully completed!

Excited for this to come into play, hopefully you guys like it just as much as I do!

Attachments

#14 ·
*Update*

If anyone is going to be at the 2017 Motorcycle Spring Show in Toronto, March 25-26th, my bike is going to be displayed there. If anyone is interested, the kit will be fully completed!

Excited for this to come into play, hopefully you guys like it just as much as I do!

Depending the price :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I talked with the owner and had a meet with him a couple months ago. I'm going to do mine in the off-season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.