Street Fighter Custom - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 01-17-2017, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Street Fighter Custom

I recently attended a motorcycle show in Toronto and met this guy who does unique custom kits on smaller CC model bikes. Probably the only thing at the show that really interested me.

The guy's name is Joshua Brasse, and the name of the company is BLK LAB Motorcycles, if anyone's interested. Overall really nice dude, met him in person and he's been answering my emails, texts, and everything so far. Very responsive.

It's a little pricey but I'm going to have my R3 in for custom work early February for this kit. I've read some bad reviews online about him (a few years back) about ordering his stuff online but I'm having my bike personally delivered to his shop and having the kit designed there. His shop is pretty close to where I live, so if I have any complaints I could just address him in person.

Since my bike will be the first R3 he's ever worked with, it is going to be with him for about 4 weeks, usually he has everything done within 2 weeks. The kit includes; the custom fairings, signals, lights, bar-end mirrors, tank and fender painted to match (matte black). He said any comments or adjustments to the design can be worked in as well.

In addition, I just recently ordered vortex clip-ons to throw into the mix.

He's also recently started designing kits for bigger bikes (like in the photo posted -> gxsr 1000)
I asked him if the design for my bike can share similar characteristics as the photo posted, and he said it shouldn't be a problem. Therefore what I'm posting should be (roughly) what it is going to look like.

I'll update whenever I can about the process, he said he would get back to me with a rough draft of what the design would look like on the R3, just wanted to share the project with everyone.

The finished product should be completed early March (as promised), but we will see how things go.

Opinions, comments, and recommendations are welcomed as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16128476_10157935222870408_437890408_n.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	48113  
Gizmo, AesonVirus and sensasianone like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-18-2017, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
That GSXR sure looks bad***

In any case, will the potential kit be available through your R3's design or how does it work?
post #3 of 16 Old 01-18-2017, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3-D3 View Post
That GSXR sure looks bad***

In any case, will the potential kit be available through your R3's design or how does it work?
If everything goes well, the design for my R3 will potentially be the one available for everyone else to purchase. That's why if there's any ideas or recommendations that I should ask him to add throughout the design I'm more than happy to listen! Any likes or dislikes are welcomed too haha

post #4 of 16 Old 01-18-2017, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I was at that show and saw his kit on what I think was a ninja 300. If it looks even half as good as those bikes did in person I would be tempted to get one for the R3
post #5 of 16 Old 01-18-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preyamble View Post
If everything goes well, the design for my R3 will potentially be the one available for everyone else to purchase. That's why if there's any ideas or recommendations that I should ask him to add throughout the design I'm more than happy to listen! Any likes or dislikes are welcomed too haha
we'll just have to wait and see
post #6 of 16 Old 01-18-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

*Update*

Josh just sent me what my bike will theoretically look like, and I'm really digging it.

I could go glossy black like in the photo, however the original plan was matte black. Small orange decals are adding a nice touch to it as well.

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61BLK_2016-R3 CONCEPT RENDERING.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	48129  
Gizmo and red_86 like this.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-18-2017, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by preyamble View Post
*update*

josh just sent me what my bike will theoretically look like, and i'm really digging it.

I could go glossy black like in the photo, however the original plan was matte black. Small orange decals are adding a nice touch to it as well.

Any thoughts?

bad ass!!

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue Angel)
2011 Honda NT700VA (Black Beauty)
2009 Honda DN-01 (Red Queen)
post #8 of 16 Old 01-19-2017, 01:21 AM

Gloss works well with the stock tank. And the tail section is spot on for a fighter. Does it require splicing of the frame though
post #9 of 16 Old 01-19-2017, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3-D3 View Post
Gloss works well with the stock tank. And the tail section is spot on for a fighter. Does it require splicing of the frame though
I believe to look like the photo it involves cutting the frame near the tail if that's what you mean

Last edited by Preyamble; 01-19-2017 at 09:17 AM.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-19-2017, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
I don't like the belly pan, but otherwise it looks cool. Though I took a gander at my R3 and that's going to be a small street fighter. More like an arterial fighter.

Telling you what you don't want to hear even though deep down you know I'm right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page