2017 yamaha r3 questions - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 02-04-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2017 yamaha r3 questions

So I've been on here for sometime, mostly lurking. I wanted the r3, but only wanted it in ABS and now that they have finally come to their senses and 2017 offers abs, they end up not offering abs on their new design yamaha blue? I really don't understand, now theres a black/red and a white/yellow that has abs.

Yamaha also released a 2017 yamaha r15 v3, it won't come to the states but look at the design..it looks like an amazing sport bike with the same styling as the new r6 and r1. With the tank, seat and cowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-04-2017, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
That's just how Yamaha configured the models. I'm an old school GenX rider, so have not had ABS yet. One day, but I'm more interested in traction control. I understand the desire for it though. Anyway, maybe you could special order? I don't know how hard it would be to get a blue Non-ABS R3, and get the ABS parts to put on it. I don't know if there are any electronics and ECU ramifications dealing with ABS on the bike. It is probably possible though.

Are you dead set on the blue? I have a 2015 Raven R3, and love the glossy black, but am also a fan of all the R3 colors especially the 2016 matte grey, and the new 2017 matte black and gray/white/yellow. The color shouldn't be the only issue preventing you from buying. If that is a 150cc bike, it'll be a huge difference between it and the R3. I do highway riding, and 300 is about the smallest displacement I would recommend for any riding of that type. You could always buy the white R3, and get a custom paint job, but that would be additional money. Just spitballing here. Good luck with your decision.

Oh, and that R15 is slick looking. I think due to the smaller engine and bike, and associated costs, they were able to spruce up some of the aesthetics to make it a bit "racier." The new Honda 250 is analogous to it in that way-it looks like a professional MotoGP race bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by R0b0tN1nja_BKNY; 02-04-2017 at 03:26 PM.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-05-2017, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
It would be cheaper and easier to swap the fairings to the color you want or have it painted or wrapped than add ABS. Just buy one with ABS and keep an eye out for someone selling their fairings that is building a track bike and ditching the stock body work. I have a matte gray '16 and have never locked the brakes up even under serious braking. What I have done is barked the rear tire on some pretty aggressive downshifts when I didn't perfectly rev match due to the long throw throttle and lack of slipper clutch. R6 throttle tube helped a lot with that.

post #4 of 13 Old 02-05-2017, 09:47 AM

the white/yellow/black combo is FIRE! but the other 2 colors are garbage imo
post #5 of 13 Old 02-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Can someone list out difference between 2017 Yamaha R3 and 2016/2015 R3. I m living in India, 2017 model will be released in 2018 here. So are ABS and little graphics are the only difference or are there any other changes? I am planning to buy 2016/2015 R3 next MONTH. So any responds will be helpful. Thank You(:
post #6 of 13 Old 02-05-2017, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I have been researching 16 and 17 and so far I have only found the ABS offering the only difference so far. Correct me if I am wrong though.
post #7 of 13 Old 02-05-2017, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Colors are the only difference between 15 and 16. ABS being offered on certain colors and of course new colors/graphics are the only changes for '17.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-06-2017, 04:29 AM

Then should I go for 2016 R3?(idc about ABS)
post #9 of 13 Old 02-06-2017, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Rider View Post
Then should I go for 2016 R3?(idc about ABS)
Yes, and save yourself some money doing so.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-06-2017, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Gents.

Would love to know why they didn't offer the 2016 model with ABS in the states, I'm a Londoner living in Melbourne and got the 2016 with ABS 6 weeks ago, Also in Blue.
Love it to bits.
Happy days!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page