So long R3 Forums - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

23Likes

post #1 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
So long R3 Forums

Well guys today marks the day that I will be leaving a great community. I sold my 2015 R3, well about to sell still have the bike but people coming to see it( anyone near the 07456 in NJ wants a 2015 r3 with 10.1k miles, warranty until 2020 for 2800 lemme know) . Picked up a 2011 GSXR-750, road it for a 50-70 miles and now can never go back to a 300 lol. I learned alot on my R3 and will never forget it, had some great times with it. The thrill and exhilarating performance of this new bike is just insane. I wont say how fast ive done with it so far but **** does it get up there quick....Anyway best of luck to the rest of the new and old R3 owners, i was one of the first few with this bike and will never regret getting it.
Gizmo and Corrie Linnell like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Garage
It takes a few years but most people have fond memories of their first bike (even if it was a POS). I definitely wouldn't consider your bike sold until you gave the cash in your hand
I'm sure the 750 won't be the last bike you own
TheseGuns likes this.
post #3 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Just cause you bought a new bike doesn't mean youre not invaluable to the r3 forums. Your experience is crucial to both new and experienced rider. Would be great help in the forums including those who are also in the process of moving to a 600cc+ class. Congrats in the gsxr 750, I'm also looking into buying this bike. As for me I love my r3 too much to not ride it anymore. I will def upgrade, but I'll also keep my r3 for those days when I just wanna cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Antares, Skills3241 and Nubster like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGuns View Post
Just cause you bought a new bike doesn't mean youre not invaluable to the r3 forums. Your experience is crucial to both new and experienced rider. Would be great help in the forums including those who are also in the process of moving to a 600cc+ class. Congrats in the gsxr 750, I'm also looking into buying this bike. As for me I love my r3 too much to not ride it anymore. I will def upgrade, but I'll also keep my r3 for those days when I just wanna cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
This 100%
Gizmo and TheseGuns like this.
post #5 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Garage
I'm looking at new bikes but don't plan on going anywhere if/when I make a purchase.
I kinda like the people around here and there's always a lot to offer and learn that's not bike specific.

Congrats on the new toy.
sensasianone likes this.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Lightech Rear Turns, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Congrats on the new bike. You say you won't want to go back, until you hit the racetrack. An R3 is just so much fun on a track it's not even funny.

@ theseguns: I probably would rather cruise on the 750 than the R3 and take the R3 to the track or canyons where it would shine, but that's just me.
@VULGR : so true. My first was a beat up 1999 EX500 but I have more positive to say than negative about that bike. Oddly, I never dropped that bike, unlike almost everything else I have owned afterwards lol.
VULGR likes this.
post #7 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
So long R3 Forums

I would also never get rid of my R3. If finances aren't an issue, I would just like to add to my bike collection.

1.R3
2.600cc
3.Cruiser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xorbe, TheseGuns and onerevway like this.
post #8 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiiro View Post
Congrats on the new bike. You say you won't want to go back, until you hit the racetrack. An R3 is just so much fun on a track it's not even funny.

@ theseguns: I probably would rather cruise on the 750 than the R3 and take the R3 to the track or canyons where it would shine, but that's just me.
@VULGR : so true. My first was a beat up 1999 EX500 but I have more positive to say than negative about that bike. Oddly, I never dropped that bike, unlike almost everything else I have owned afterwards lol.
Thanks kojiiro and everyone else. The new bike is a real testament, it tests me every time I get on it lol. But I'm trying to learn it slowly, don't do nothing stupid and the bike is defiantly a lot better to cruise on. I coast at 65-70 no problemo. The r3 was great to thrash on, but I do a decent amount of highway driving and honestly love driving on the highway so I really needed something bigger. I don't think there is anything wrong with the r3 but mentally I needed a real super sport call it a bucket list and I couldn't afford a 1000cc with the insurance and I got a great deal on this 750 with 1/4 of the insurance cost of a liter bike so it was a win win. However my current insurance quadruples what i was paying for the r3 and lastly if I did go back to an r3, I would probably have to install clipons and turbo it jk...but seriously that would be cool

post #9 of 24 Old 04-03-2017, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Infante View Post
Thanks kojiiro and everyone else. The new bike is a real testament, it tests me every time I get on it lol. But I'm trying to learn it slowly, don't do nothing stupid and the bike is defiantly a lot better to cruise on. I coast at 65-70 no problemo. The r3 was great to thrash on, but I do a decent amount of highway driving and honestly love driving on the highway so I really needed something bigger. I don't think there is anything wrong with the r3 but mentally I needed a real super sport call it a bucket list and I couldn't afford a 1000cc with the insurance and I got a great deal on this 750 with 1/4 of the insurance cost of a liter bike so it was a win win. However my current insurance quadruples what i was paying for the r3 and lastly if I did go back to an r3, I would probably have to install clipons and turbo it jk...but seriously that would be cool

Did someone say bucketlist? Sounds like the average life of most motorcyclist. Here's a few more to add to it:

Track day.
Track day.
Track day track day track day.
post #10 of 24 Old 04-04-2017, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Infante View Post
Picked up a 2011 GSXR-750, road it for a 50-70 miles and now can never go back to a 300 lol.

Life-changing experience, huh. Just imagine how ridiculous a literbike would be.
I got my R3 after I had my CBR1000RR for awhile. I just wanted a smaller bike to cruise around town with.
It's a different mindset. All sportbikes are fun in their own way. Too bad you don't keep your R3.
You might miss it after awhile. Being hunched-over the flying land-rocket gets old quick when you are stuck in city traffic.
Gizmo and sensasianone like this.

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page