Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Ear Bud Recommendations

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  rogal88 
#1 ·
For all of you that ride and listen to music, which ear buds do you use? I am starting to commute an hour each way to work and it would be even more enjoyable with some tunes. I have a pair of shure se215's (which I thought would work well), but always come off my ear when I put the helmet on.
Thanks!

#2 ·
I have a bluetooth headset coming in the mail which I plan to integrate into my helmet for calls and music.

I couldn't afford the sena's plus I think this day and age they are over priced for what they are. I got a BT-S2 bluetooth headset from fasttech, I did allot of research and it seemed quite comparable to the premium headsets without the premium. If sound quality is garbage I was thinking I can buy the official sena ear pieces to plug into it:D

#3 · (Edited)
I have been on the rocker for months whether or not to get a Sena BT. I am interested in the SMH-10, but I agree, they are quite pricey. Let me know how the Fast Tech ones are and I'll get a set so when we ride we can communicate. Ya, the speakers for the Sena are $35 at GP bikes...so worst case you can grab a pair of those and still have a reasonably priced BT headset

#7 ·
I got me a set of Beats X earbuds. love that theyre wireless, and have a volume/mic on them for easy use while not on the freeway. they come with 4 different silicone ear bud tips, and 2 different wing tips for stabilization. $150 USD for them is not a bad deal if youre an iPhone user either. they are equipped with the W1 chip (seriously a cool feature apple added to all 3rd gen beats wireless earsets) have a decent battery life for the ultra small size of the unit, and indeed they are very very portable. i tried the samsung xenons and those would not stay in my ears and almost lost one going down the road. there are lots and lots of wired sets for fairly cheap, and lots of not so cheap sets. the LG Tone infinum and platinums are amazing as well. happy hunting

jack

#8 ·
I've tried earbuds and in town they work, but on the highway I have to have earplugs instead. The wind noise in my helmet is loud, to put it mildly. I already have some hearing damage from other activities, so I'm not going to chance it. Going to get some custom earplugs soon.
I have seen where someone used the 'mold your own' earplug putty around a set of in-ear buds, so that might be a thing to try for those that want a bit of both.

Reactions: BluebirdR3
#9 ·
Sena bluetooth is the way to go. We use them to talk back and forth. They are somewhat expensive, but it is waterproof, light and easy to operate in seconds. The mic has foam on it and everyone says they cant hear wind or the bike, unless im really on the throttle. You cant go wrong with any BT set.

#13 ·
I used a set of Samsung ear buds last year while riding.

I wanted to purchase a Bluetooth communicator, so i purchased a Sena 20S. I was reading a ton of reviews on it saying that the speakers are terrible. I talked to someone at Revzilla and they advised me to try out another blue-tooth unit (UCLEAR PRO).

UCLEAR however sells just the speakers that have a 3.5mm audio jack that would plug right into the Sena.

I have only ridden once with that new setup but it is great even at highway speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.