Ear Bud Recommendations - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 04-12-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Ear Bud Recommendations

For all of you that ride and listen to music, which ear buds do you use? I am starting to commute an hour each way to work and it would be even more enjoyable with some tunes. I have a pair of shure se215's (which I thought would work well), but always come off my ear when I put the helmet on.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-12-2017, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have a bluetooth headset coming in the mail which I plan to integrate into my helmet for calls and music.

I couldn't afford the sena's plus I think this day and age they are over priced for what they are. I got a BT-S2 bluetooth headset from fasttech, I did allot of research and it seemed quite comparable to the premium headsets without the premium. If sound quality is garbage I was thinking I can buy the official sena ear pieces to plug into it
post #3 of 14 Old 04-12-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3duwardo View Post
I have a bluetooth headset coming in the mail which I plan to integrate into my helmet for calls and music.

I couldn't afford the sena's plus I think this day and age they are over priced for what they are. I got a BT-S2 bluetooth headset from fasttech, I did allot of research and it seemed quite comparable to the premium headsets without the premium. If sound quality is garbage I was thinking I can buy the official sena ear pieces to plug into it
I have been on the rocker for months whether or not to get a Sena BT. I am interested in the SMH-10, but I agree, they are quite pricey. Let me know how the Fast Tech ones are and I'll get a set so when we ride we can communicate. Ya, the speakers for the Sena are $35 at GP bikes...so worst case you can grab a pair of those and still have a reasonably priced BT headset

Last edited by rogal88; 04-12-2017 at 03:42 PM.

post #4 of 14 Old 04-13-2017, 12:13 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Im curious what other people use too, but imo the BT headsets are the way to go because they dont actually go into your ear. Its probably good to hear that 18 wheeler honking at you if you know what I mean XD
post #5 of 14 Old 04-13-2017, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Custom moulded ear plugs are definitely the way to go
post #6 of 14 Old 04-14-2017, 01:32 AM

If you want to dampen sound a bit, just get some silicone earbud tips from some in-ear headphones and fill in the middle cavity with some hot glue or something.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-15-2017, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I got me a set of Beats X earbuds. love that theyre wireless, and have a volume/mic on them for easy use while not on the freeway. they come with 4 different silicone ear bud tips, and 2 different wing tips for stabilization. $150 USD for them is not a bad deal if youre an iPhone user either. they are equipped with the W1 chip (seriously a cool feature apple added to all 3rd gen beats wireless earsets) have a decent battery life for the ultra small size of the unit, and indeed they are very very portable. i tried the samsung xenons and those would not stay in my ears and almost lost one going down the road. there are lots and lots of wired sets for fairly cheap, and lots of not so cheap sets. the LG Tone infinum and platinums are amazing as well. happy hunting

jack
post #8 of 14 Old 04-16-2017, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I've tried earbuds and in town they work, but on the highway I have to have earplugs instead. The wind noise in my helmet is loud, to put it mildly. I already have some hearing damage from other activities, so I'm not going to chance it. Going to get some custom earplugs soon.
I have seen where someone used the 'mold your own' earplug putty around a set of in-ear buds, so that might be a thing to try for those that want a bit of both.
BluebirdR3 likes this.

This is my signature. Woo.
Hit me up on Instagram, look at my terrible pics: motomatt_r3
post #9 of 14 Old 04-22-2017, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Sena bluetooth is the way to go. We use them to talk back and forth. They are somewhat expensive, but it is waterproof, light and easy to operate in seconds. The mic has foam on it and everyone says they cant hear wind or the bike, unless im really on the throttle. You cant go wrong with any BT set.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-22-2017, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-J2 View Post
I've tried earbuds and in town they work, but on the highway I have to have earplugs instead. The wind noise in my helmet is loud, to put it mildly. I already have some hearing damage from other activities, so I'm not going to chance it. Going to get some custom earplugs soon.
I have seen where someone used the 'mold your own' earplug putty around a set of in-ear buds, so that might be a thing to try for those that want a bit of both.
I bought a set of moldable ear plugs but I never thought of molding them around a set of ear buds. But to be honest, I kind of like riding without the additional distraction of music as it allows me to clear my head and just enjoy the ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page