• 2 Post By cxa0897
  • 2 Post By naripsta
  • 2 Post By CBRpilot

post #1 of 10 Old 05-19-2017, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Talking Fun Parking Question

So, as a motorcyclist we all know that there is a certain stigma about us parking in "Car" spots. I'm just curious as to how you all park in car spots, whether or not you're the bane of your workplace, or just any straight tomfoolery you've been involved with because of people being irate about your parking.

Example:

I always park my bike as far over in a parking spot as possible so that if another bike pulls in they can park next to me. I parked out front of the building today, which my office considers "reserved" for the executives, some guy pulls into the lot and drives around looking for a spot close to the entrance. There are none. So, he decides to squeeze his car in between the car parked next to me and my bike in the spot I'm using. He then proceeds to open his door like 7" not to hit the bike and slips out his door. In so doing, drops his briefcase which hits the bike and then pours all over the ground. What are you winning guy? What are you winning?
f1lupo and Kevin Carver Jr. like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-19-2017, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Park dead center, and as far forward or back as possible so that people know it is there. I don't want anyone whipping into a spot directly into my bike because it was hidden between two suvs and they thought the spot was empty.

If a second bike wants to shar, he can find room somewhere in the spot. Not my problem.
Kojiiro and giff74 like this.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-19-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Oh, don't you worry...It's as far forward as possible so they can see it. Everyone bitches about it loudly enough. They know it's there.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-19-2017, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Garage
Eh, I make sure cars can see my bike when I park.

Only because I always hated the times when I'm driving and feel like I'm pulling up to a nice space, just to see a bike/compact car in the space lol.
Kojiiro and giff74 like this.

CRT
post #5 of 10 Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
I'll park at any open spot if the bike spots (which are usually more conveniently located) are full. I park in the middle and as close out to the "entrance" of the slot as possible, for visibility to any would be user of that slot.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-19-2017, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I like to park in the center and closest to the aisle so that other drivers can see it when looking for a vacant spot. If there are plenty of open spaces, then I prefer not to share with another bike.

2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 - Matte Grey
2009 Ducati Sport 1000 - Black

Last edited by EMpunker; 05-19-2017 at 07:43 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-19-2017, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Garage
I don't park my bike in a parking lot. Ever.
If I need to do that, I take my car.
rjacobs and tdunster like this.

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)
post #8 of 10 Old 05-20-2017, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiiro View Post
I'll park at any open spot if the bike spots (which are usually more conveniently located) are full. I park in the middle and as close out to the "entrance" of the slot as possible, for visibility to any would be user of that slot.
Sage advice Kojiiro... this will also help ensure nobody tries to park in same spot as your bike. Once, I left my bike all the way towards the front of a spot and a neighbor parked her Mustang in what space was left, blocking me in. I debated calling the tow truck, decided to knock on her door, and she acted like I was the a**Hole! Now I always park towards the front of a parking spot
post #9 of 10 Old 05-20-2017, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
I've parked in some random "unconventional" locations before. Some parking lots have two rows and between the rows is a space that you can use as sort of a walkway. It's a great little space to park in if there is absolutely no more room in the parking lot, a common problem here in Japan and on base. It makes getting hit by a car even harder.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-21-2017, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I always park my bikes high up in the parking lane so cars can see the spot is taken right away without having to pull in just to see that theres a bike snuck upfront...also I always put the bike dead center as I see guys parking slightly sideways and I see big suvs opening doors right onto bike mirrors/ rear ends because of this positioning!

2015 Yamaha R3-blue/silver
2004 Honda CBR600RR- blue/red
1997 Kawasaki KLX300R- green/purple
1981 Yamaha MX80- blue/white
& too many others to fit here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page