Yamaha R3 Forums banner

R3 Riders Location Google Map

199K views 1K replies 615 participants last post by  ExTex 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Click here for access to the R3 Riders Map!

I created a Google map showing our geographic locations. This map is a great way to find out who is close to us. If you want to be added to this map, simply reply to this thread with your zip code (if in USA) and I will add your screen name to the map. If you want to list your model year, color, etc, add that to your post. If you give me a color, I'll make the pin on the map match! (Good idea ahakanc90)! Since the OEM colors are Blue, Red, Black, I'll place a green pin if no color is listed.

Keep in mind for internet safety, the pin will be placed in your town, not necessarily at your address.

If you want me to be very specific in pin placement, use the coordinate method (shown below) by finding the place on the map you wish your pin to be and right click and select "What's Here?" When the coordinates appear in the search field, copy them and paste in your reply. Start here - https://www.google.com/maps

If you are outside the USA, please use the Coordinate method as described above. Thanks!

I restricted access to edit the map to myself only because it would only take one person to hack or mess up the map. If you later want to be removed, simply ask & I will gladly honor your request.

This is an easy way to find out who is nearby and might be interested in getting together for a ride or meet. Use their screen name and come back to the R3 Forum and send them a PM to initiate a conversation.

Click here for access to the R3 Riders Map!

Ride Safe!

See less See more
#13 ·
Great idea, James. Can I call you Jim (Tiberius Kirk)? Jus kidding, Cap'n.

2015, Blue (because it's faster), 64012, Belton, Missouri. Thanx!

Just checked out your map. That's really cool. Just touch the bubble and it displays the name.
You can call me any of those!

Blue R3

Thanks
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Blue
It would be cool if the pins on the map were colored according to bike's color :)
Great idea on the colored pins! I edited the original post to request the color. If no color is listed, I tacked a green pin.

Added all above. Thanks for posting up!

#28 ·
Apparently Google maps wont provide Coordinates in older versions of web browsers (Im still hooked on Opera 12) so it defaults to Google Maps Lite which doesnt provide GPS coordinates..... I should have noticed sorry.

51° 3' 59.7240'' N
113° 56' 6.7848'' W

Calgary, Alberta

Thanks Capn Kirk!

#31 ·