Ugly fender? A life saver? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

10Likes

post #1 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Ugly fender? A life saver?

So sadly today I was rear ended at about 25 mph on my new r3, I'm actually writing this is the urgent care waiting area but I feel like I was saved by that ugly fender, it took almost all the damage and bike took almost none,just the fender. However the **** unlicensed teen that hit me backed up his car without telling me while I was speaking to police and it ended up dropping my bike bending my gear shifter my indicator lights and breaking off some of the clutch lever and the footpeg while dropping my helmet from the bike. Insurance is covering me well but ugh I'm so mad guys I should be grateful I'm ok just some back pain at the moment but i was able to ride bike to a friend's house nearby and now I wait for the appraiser to take a look. That ugly fender can sure Take a hit
SharperB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0329161346_1459297228618.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	33210  
abvc likes this.
post #3 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Garage
Glad you are okay.
Yeah, get ALL the damage documented. Helmet, everything. When your bike fell over, that's just MORE money the insurance company will have to pay you.
Safe or not, I rode my bike only 2 days before that sucker came OFF my bike! And it's NOT going back on!

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)

post #4 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Idiot!

That's my greatest fear. You can for the most part avoid lane changers that don't see you, but not really much you can do about an idiot looking down at their phone. I'd bet money. Glad you're alive, best of luck on the repair and hopefully that idiot never gets his car out of the impound.

Randy
post #5 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Saved a bit. Pretty good!
post #6 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Hope your 100% Acvdc...traffic lights is where I’m most anxious because many ‘drivers’ don’t think about the responsibility that goes with operating a 4000lbs. vehicle.

Sounds like you want that stock fender back on your R3…just have the dealer call you before they put a new on and see what you think about your R3 with that tight clean profile…just saying.

Forget What You Heard; It's What You're Hearing That Counts!!!
post #7 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Oh I most definitley changing that fender lol I'd much rather have it eliminated in just amazed it took the hit they way it did, this bike is def well built, I am very happy to be ok, but I am just so mad, and when this kids parents got there they told me no way I was hurt and that the damage was minimal, I informed them that I have a motorcycle and I was just got by a full size SUV who are you to talk about injuries I hope there insurance skyrockets
SharperB and CBRpilot like this.
post #8 of 32 Old 03-29-2016, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acvdc View Post
Oh I most definitley changing that fender lol I'd much rather have it eliminated in just amazed it took the hit they way it did, this bike is def well built, I am very happy to be ok, but I am just so mad, and when this kids parents got there they told me no way I was hurt and that the damage was minimal, I informed them that I have a motorcycle and I was just got by a full size SUV who are you to talk about injuries I hope there insurance skyrockets
It's no wonder that kid turned out to be an idiot.
post #9 of 32 Old 03-30-2016, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
#1 . Glad you're OK.

#2 . 2nd rito's "Idiot parents/Idiot kid" comment. They can buy you a new bike and consider their weaselly aye-double-esses lucky.

#3 . I left my ugly fender on too, but only because it presents the lighting more effectively to traffic behind me. Not in my wildest imagination have I considered it any kind of impact absorbing device. Wow.
post #10 of 32 Old 03-30-2016, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
I like my ugly fender, its easy to take off and on.

I blame the Internet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page