User Tag List

98Likes

post #11 of 427 Old 11-02-2014, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legallyfast View Post
Hello everyone. Been riding since 1998. I have owned a number of bikes, to include the R6 and the R1. Currently own a 2014 BMW HP4, which I am going to start racing. I placed a deposit on a R3 today. I will race this too. Let's make history boys!

Mike
Nice!
I think an R3 will scare me enough!
I have been on an R6 once. Never even sat on an R1.. too much power on both of those. I think an R3 will just have enough to keep me happy, not get me into too much trouble and will be fun a I will actually have to change gear more!

WhichBike.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 427 Old 11-02-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
my first bike was a Ninja 500 and I rode the **** out of it. I honestly had a ton of fun on it. Corner speed can still be awesome fast. It is very possible, to beat a guy on a 1000 with the R3, just takes skill. This is what makes the R3 so exciting. It will need a definite suspension upgrade, but overall, for anyone, it is about being smooth and this will be super sweet
post #13 of 427 Old 11-03-2014, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
For you it will need a suspension upgrade as you intend to track it but for normal, slightly less confident riders like me the more compliant suspension will make the bike more forgiving and more comfortable on the roads, especially on the bloody crap roads we have in the UK,

I don't think I would even look at the R3 if I had an HP4. There are many better bikes you can get for the track than an R3, except possibly on short, twisty tracks where ever a skilled scooter rider would not get to far behind a supersports.

WhichBike.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 427 Old 11-04-2014, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Hello everyone. Been riding since 1998. I have owned a number of bikes, to include the R6 and the R1. Currently own a 2014 BMW HP4, which I am going to start racing. I placed a deposit on a R3 today. I will race this too. Let's make history boys!

Mike

Welcome Legally,

I think I am gonna follow close to your foot steps lol. Planning to get an R3 in 2016 probably (you won't believe on top of what I introduce to you guys earlier a freaking tree fell on my car saturday lol....) What else could go wrong? Anyways, planning to go with R3, then get a 675R, and a HP4/S1000RR. (Probably track HP4 and 675R.) Welcome to the forum again.

Thanks,

U3
post #15 of 427 Old 11-12-2014, 08:27 PM
r3-forums.com Vendor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Hello! I'm Jesse, new to this site, but not to riding. I live in San Diego now, I've been riding since 2002 or 2003, don't remember. Started on a dual sport KLX300R, then bought a Ninja 500, then a CBR954RR, then had to sell it, got back into riding with a GS500 to commute, then a CBR600 F2, then a CBR1000RR (2008) and started doing track days and racing, sold the CBR and bought an '07 R6, just recently upgraded to an '09 R6, and now planning an in depth build and blog converting the R3 to a race bike. Wow, didn't realize it had been so many bikes!! lol

The blog will not only contain my findings, but the best collection of R3 DIY mods, parts, tests, etc. that I can put together for everyone, I'm sure a lot of the info will come from everyone here. I'm just now putting the site together, it will be at www.YamahaR3racing.com

Anyone else planning for their bike to be a race bike first and foremost?

Glad to be here! Anyone else in Socal?
Jesse
post #16 of 427 Old 11-13-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluetooth View Post
Hello! I'm Jesse, new to this site, but not to riding. I live in San Diego now, I've been riding since 2002 or 2003, don't remember. Started on a dual sport KLX300R, then bought a Ninja 500, then a CBR954RR, then had to sell it, got back into riding with a GS500 to commute, then a CBR600 F2, then a CBR1000RR (2008) and started doing track days and racing, sold the CBR and bought an '07 R6, just recently upgraded to an '09 R6, and now planning an in depth build and blog converting the R3 to a race bike. Wow, didn't realize it had been so many bikes!! lol

The blog will not only contain my findings, but the best collection of R3 DIY mods, parts, tests, etc. that I can put together for everyone, I'm sure a lot of the info will come from everyone here. I'm just now putting the site together, it will be at www.YamahaR3racing.com

Jesse
I am here in So Cal. My R3 will be for race only.
post #17 of 427 Old 11-13-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u3c307 View Post
Welcome Legally,

I think I am gonna follow close to your foot steps lol. Planning to get an R3 in 2016 probably (you won't believe on top of what I introduce to you guys earlier a freaking tree fell on my car saturday lol....) What else could go wrong? Anyways, planning to go with R3, then get a 675R, and a HP4/S1000RR. (Probably track HP4 and 675R.) Welcome to the forum again.

Thanks,

U3
Thanks again. I bet the 675R will be sweet, but the R6 would be another bike to consider as you could dominate on that bike as well. I actually condidered the 675R, but felt Triumph cheaped out on somemof the bike. It used to have a powder coated frame, now covered by plastic. Although the components are nice you could do just as well on the R6.
post #18 of 427 Old 11-13-2014, 12:33 AM
r3-forums.com Vendor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
I am here in So Cal. My R3 will be for race only.
Awesome, San Diego? February can't come soon enough
Legallyfast likes this.
post #19 of 427 Old 11-13-2014, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluetooth View Post

Jesse

I will be racing my r3, and will definitely be following your blog for tips.
post #20 of 427 Old 11-13-2014, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Welcome Jesse. Look forward to reading your blog .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page