Please post your introductions here - Page 41 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

90Likes

post #401 of 409 Old 12-09-2016, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi my name is Tom, 61 years old, a retired Marine Engineer. I live in the North East of Thailand in Chaiyaphum province.
Have 4 bikes, latest the R3, before that a CBR-R 250 which is getting the "Takewaga" big bore kit to 305cc. Stuck in the back of my workshop are 2, 2cyl 250cc "Rumba Gustos" a rebadged version of the "Jonway Thunder". Engines look like a copy of the 1980' CB250.

Have had many bikes in my 61 years, even raced a Yamaha 250 in 1979
My R3 is the Moto GP edition
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike 003.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	47185   Click image for larger version

Name:	R3.JPG
Views:	760
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	47193  
Kojiiro, CBRpilot, Gizmo and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 409 Old 12-15-2016, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all

I'm a new rider at the age of 45 so doing the mid life crisis thing in style. Picking up my R3 tomorrow then jumping out of a perfectly good airplane on Sunday ( perhaps I should have done the jump before the bike, if it went **** up I could have saved a few notes ) but anyway at least I will get to ride there!
Pretty excited but a little nervous at the same time, only thing making me nervous is the riding away from the dealers, fingers crossed for a smooth introduction to the R3.
Anyway looking forward to it and just made a last minute switch from the Ninja 300 to the R3 and glad I did, I think the R3 is the best looking bike I have seen in that range, Love the Blue/silver combo and think if I had got the Ninja I would have seen other R3's and always thought I should have got that, pretty sure I wont get that feeling when I'm riding the R3 and see a Ninja.
As for me I am living in Melbourne having moved here from London 2 years ago, been a bit of a life changing time of late and getting on a bike is another step in that direction. really looking forward to going out just for the sake of it again and not just to get from A to B as is with the car. Been driving cars, trucks and even buses at one point for 27 years now, Think I am about to find out how to enjoy the road once again!
Looking forward to chats on here and I'm sure I will be picking your brains for tips soon enough.
All the best
Gizmo and TMD5855 like this.
post #403 of 409 Old 12-26-2016, 07:07 PM

hello all

i have been riding motorbikes since i was 15, i started out on a ktm 250sx and brought my first road bike when i was 23 and it just happen to be an r3, and i hope my next bike will be an r6.
Kevinjc likes this.

post #404 of 409 Old 02-24-2017, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone.
I'm Yuki.I live in Japan.Now I have R25 and 250EXC-F.
I'm enjoying my motorcycle life!
Kojiiro likes this.
post #405 of 409 Old 02-24-2017, 04:32 AM

Hello All,

I've owned my R3 for a year now and I absolutely love this motorcycle! I've been working on modifications over the winter with the help of my fiance who is much more experienced with motorcycles. The R3 is my second bike, I started out on a Suzuki TU250X 2 years ago. I can't wait for the weather to warm up here so I can get out there and ride!
post #406 of 409 Old 02-24-2017, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
Hello everyone.
I'm Yuki.I live in Japan.Now I have R25 and 250EXC-F.
I'm enjoying my motorcycle life!
I live in Japan too. Let's ride together sometime!
post #407 of 409 Old 03-17-2017, 04:49 PM

Hey, guys. I'm a Yamaha guy for sure. I've got a Gen1 Vmax and a Super Tenere. I'm seriously considering adding an R3 to the stable as a fun third. We'll see if/when that happens, but I don't care about R1 (or even R6) power. I'd probably end up taking it to the track, but mostly fooling around on back roads and staying out of trouble riding a slow bike fast.
post #408 of 409 Old 03-17-2017, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hey everyone. My name's Kelly. I'm newish to the forum. Figured I'd finally post an intro. Got my bike back in December.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MonsterStella.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	50217  
post #409 of 409 Old 03-17-2017, 08:44 PM

Hello all. Picking up a 2015 R3 to add to my paddock. I've been riding on the track for a few years and only own larger displacement bikes. I wanted to grab one of these to throw around on the track to improve my efficiency and hone in my cornering skills. Will be looking around this forum to find info from guys that track these bikes regularly to see what suits these smaller bikes. Feel free to provide links to any pertinent threads. Many thanks and look forward to picking your brains.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page