Ride Maps - Where will you be going? - Page 3 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

post #21 of 41 Old 06-07-2015, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Madison, IN loop

My ride starts in Richmond, IN and goes south to Lawrenceburg, IN, then along the north bank of the Ohio river on hwy 56 and 156 to Madison, IN. The ride goes north to Greensburg, Rushville and back to Richmond. Beautiful highways with plenty of curves and hills.

Ride Free

http://maps.apple.com/?lsp=6489&sll=...nited%20States
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 Old 06-16-2015, 01:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm diggin' this thread boys.

And I'll add my $.02 to the Beartooth suggestion.

DO IT!

It is an amazingly fun and heart-stopping highway. Every motorcyclist should experience it.
Same goes with Chief Joseph Highway out of Cody Wyoming and joining up with the Beartooth.
Been there at least 6 times in the last 10 years. It's my favorite!

**Two-wheeled toys**
2016 BMW S1000RR Premium (Track & Street)
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR (Sexy Beast)
2006 Harley V-Rod Street Rod (Best handling HD)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (Street fun)
2014 Yamaha YZ250 (Braaaaaaaap)
post #23 of 41 Old 06-17-2015, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
For Texas riders, I see Alamo Cycle Plex in San Antonio is having a ride Sat, June 20, 2015 that starts at the dealership leaves at 9:30 am. goes through Ingram, lunch at Leakey, then a Twisted Sister ride from there. You can read about it on their Website. I don't like riding in the rain so I haven't yet decided. 60% chance of rain as of this evening for Sat.

post #24 of 41 Old 06-28-2015, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
K.O

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Ok, so this was my run today. It was simply to get out of the heat, 'in the valley' (105 F). So I went on a usual start into the Santa Monica Mountains, took Mulholland hwy as far North as I could. Went West towards the Ocean and then made a loop back....well, that's how it was supposed to be. As I neared back to the Valley (right near the 2:10min google maps tag), the heat was baking my *alls....so I flipped a quick one and re-ran the route in reverse. Lots of miles on those tight-windy canyons today.

So check this....there are these spots throughout Mulholland where photographers sit every weekend taking photos of bikes maneuvering the sharp bends, or the hot cars like your Bugatti, McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini's (yes, it's truly crowded with these supercars, a sight to see. Most people stop along the turn-abouts to watch and take pictures), ....and then your friendly riders with their peace signs up

I've had my photo's taken many o' times on this canyon and nearly every time I run through these spots I get my ars caught up behind some tourist (you can tell because they'll have a mustang convertible-rental, lol), anyway, so today I finally got lucky with no one in the front and got the camera surprise when I was on this hellofa lean and I was able to look right into the lens; saw the shutter even, like in your face close!....**** I hope they post it!

anyway, enjoy the map and a bike photo I took while on a small break on PCH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride.png
Views:	31
Size:	538.6 KB
ID:	6281   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150628_131838.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	6289   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150628_131916.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	6297  
post #25 of 41 Old 06-28-2015, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O View Post
Ok, so this was my run today. It was simply to get out of the heat, 'in the valley' (105 F). So I went on a usual start into the Santa Monica Mountains, took Mulholland hwy as far North as I could. Went West towards the Ocean and then made a loop back....well, that's how it was supposed to be. As I neared back to the Valley (right near the 2:10min google maps tag), the heat was baking my *alls....so I flipped a quick one and re-ran the route in reverse. Lots of miles on those tight-windy canyons today.

So check this....there are these spots throughout Mulholland where photographers sit every weekend taking photos of bikes maneuvering the sharp bends, or the hot cars like your Bugatti, McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini's (yes, it's truly crowded with these supercars, a sight to see. Most people stop along the turn-abouts to watch and take pictures), ....and then your friendly riders with their peace signs up

I've had my photo's taken many o' times on this canyon and nearly every time I run through these spots I get my ars caught up behind some tourist (you can tell because they'll have a mustang convertible-rental, lol), anyway, so today I finally got lucky with no one in the front and got the camera surprise when I was on this hellofa lean and I was able to look right into the lens; saw the shutter even, like in your face close!....**** I hope they post it!

anyway, enjoy the map and a bike photo I took while on a small break on PCH.
That's a great ride. I've done it many times. I grew up in the Santa Ynez Valley, have lived in Santa Barbara and in The Valley (Northridge) and Malibu. Currently an exiled Californian stranded in Colorado

Not trying to be picky, but Mulholland Highway (and the whole coastal area along there) runs East-West, so you actually went as far West as you could on Mulholland, then turned South towards the ocean.

Anyway you say it, it's an awesome place to ride......
K.O likes this.
post #26 of 41 Old 06-29-2015, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
So did this ride on Friday. Loved every km of it. The R3 is such a fun bike to ride in the city as well as the interstate. Can't wait for the return trip in two days
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4569.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	6337  
FangShui and K.O like this.

Last edited by axif86; 06-29-2015 at 11:37 AM.
post #27 of 41 Old 06-30-2015, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
K.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangShui View Post
That's a great ride. I've done it many times. I grew up in the Santa Ynez Valley, have lived in Santa Barbara and in The Valley (Northridge) and Malibu. Currently an exiled Californian stranded in Colorado

Not trying to be picky, but Mulholland Highway (and the whole coastal area along there) runs East-West, so you actually went as far West as you could on Mulholland, then turned South towards the ocean.

Anyway you say it, it's an awesome place to ride......

LOL, ahh yes I work in LA so I always refer to the 101 as 'North', though it shifts to West after Hollywood. So yeah, anytime I'm heading true-West....to this day I call it North haha. Bad-habit. If only things could be as square as CO, I wouldn't have that problem
post #28 of 41 Old 06-30-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
LOL, ahh yes I work in LA so I always refer to the 101 as 'North', though it shifts to West after Hollywood. So yeah, anytime I'm heading true-West....to this day I call it North haha. Bad-habit. If only things could be as square as CO, I wouldn't have that problem
I'd rather be in California, even if North is West and South is East.

People think Colorado must be great for motorcycling, but where I live there is only one paved road that's nearby that goes up into the mountains (Highway 24).

Riding South is ugly and riding north is congested with Denver. Riding East, well, you might as well be in Kansas = boring.

If you want to go for an hour ride you don't have many nice options.
post #29 of 41 Old 06-30-2015, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
K.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangShui View Post
I'd rather be in California, even if North is West and South is East.

People think Colorado must be great for motorcycling, but where I live there is only one paved road that's nearby that goes up into the mountains (Highway 24).

Riding South is ugly and riding north is congested with Denver. Riding East, well, you might as well be in Kansas = boring.

If you want to go for an hour ride you don't have many nice options.

Yeah I spent a few years of my youth in Denver (Aurora) and I remember my parents doing some long drives to get to the mountains. I was just a kid so maybe they only seemed long, but... I'm saddened to hear there's not many good roads to do quick stints on. I've been thinking for a few years of moving to CO

I did a quick google search and came across this website (http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Colorado_81.html). I'm sure you already know them all....but as I zoomed in, they look pretty straight. bummer!

Well unless you're truly exiled from CA (lol), we'll welcome you back anytime
post #30 of 41 Old 06-30-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah I spent a few years of my youth in Denver (Aurora) and I remember my parents doing some long drives to get to the mountains. I was just a kid so maybe they only seemed long, but... I'm saddened to hear there's not many good roads to do quick stints on. I've been thinking for a few years of moving to CO

I did a quick google search and came across this website (http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Colorado_81.html). I'm sure you already know them all....but as I zoomed in, they look pretty straight. bummer!

Well unless you're truly exiled from CA (lol), we'll welcome you back anytime
There are lots of great roads up in the Rockies but it takes an hour or two to get to them from Colorado Springs. People who live further West have many more options but also have worse Winter weather than we do along the Front Range.

I've ridden all the nearby roads so many times I'm getting jaded about them.

Went so far as to buy a CB500X, and set it up as an adventure bike, so that I can ride the dirt and gravel roads, plus fire and forest service roads, for variety.

Best place I ever lived for motorcycling was Sacramento/Davis CA when I was in Graduate School. The variety includes: Sacramento River Delta levees, Napa & Sonoma Valleys, Lake Tahoe, Sierras Gold Country, S.F area including Skyline Dr to Alice's Restaurant and coastal redwoods areas, North Coastal area, Point Reyes and Mendocino areas, California Coastal Range Mountains, and on and on. Just outstanding.

I'd move back in a gnat's heartbeat if I could afford to live there..........
K.O likes this.

Last edited by FangShui; 06-30-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page