Street fighter? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 12 Old 06-17-2016, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Street fighter?

I want to turn my R3 into a street fighter style and ive been trying to find some examples of someone who has already done one to a R3 but I cant find any. Does anyone know someone who has done this to their bike or have any tips for me? Plastics got ruined in a crash and I like the street fighter look so i figured i would give it a try. And I think it would be awesome because you dont see many people customizing 300's that much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-17-2016, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
post #3 of 12 Old 06-18-2016, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Take a weekend, disassembly the hole fairings and take a ride. If you like the resut, just buy a naked bike headlight, install it and be happy.

In your place, maybe I could assemble a modern cafe racer ou scrambler style.
Take a look at an ER6-N turnet in cafe racer, not bad at all:
http://www.caferacer.net/forum/attac...t-dsc00677.jpg

Street fighter, not bad too:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...0989048ce2.jpg

If you're gonna do this, do it the right way, without poor mods or poor adaptations. Do not forget the pictures!

Good luck!

Let's ride.

Last edited by Marcc; 06-18-2016 at 06:06 PM.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2016, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Crap that's what I forgot to do yesterday. I had all the fairings off, and I meant to take a ride around the block like that (sans front blinkers though). I completely forgot!!!
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2016, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcc View Post
Take a weekend, disassembly the hole fairings and take a ride. If you like the resut, just buy a naked bike headlight, install it and be happy.

If you're gonna do this, do it the right way, without poor mods or poor adaptations.

Make up your mind lol

There is a lot more involved than just slapping on a headlight, if it's not done right then it'll just look like a bike that's been crashed. If it is done right then it'll take a lot more time and money then you would spend repairing the damage.
Don't be one of those guys that does a half-arsed job
post #6 of 12 Old 06-21-2016, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Yu're absolutely right.

This kind of job is for who loves it. But theese ER6s got awesome... rsrs

Let's ride.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-21-2016, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage
One nice thing about the R3 is that the plastics are pretty darn cheap to replace. I'd have to guess that the MT-03 trim pieces fit right up to the stripped R3 and if that ends up being th case, picking up the necessary trim pieces for the MT-03 and switching over should be a fairly inexpensive project.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Lightech Rear Turns, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-29-2016, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I love the look of sportbikes. There's just nothing on two wheels that's more beautiful and eye-catching than them. So I would personally never switch from the sexy look of a superbike to a naked, but that's just me.
post #9 of 12 Old 11-16-2016, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Street Fighter would be cool. Go for it.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-24-2017, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I'm about 95% done converting my R3 to a street fighter. If you want any details or ideas let me know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page