Need More Butt Grip - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 11 Old 12-30-2016, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Need More Butt Grip

So, anytime I lean forward to really dig into some turns or just get into that race position because it feel so cool, I slide my butt back in the seat. But sooner or later, I hit a bump and my butt slides forward, causing me to sit upright a bit. I wear Dainese mesh riding pants every time I ride.

Do you guys have this problem? Does anyone know a way to make my butt more grippy? I was thinking maybe tank pads might help, but is there anything else? Maybe some kind of grippy seat cover or a way to make the angle of the seat flatter, and not lean forward as much?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-31-2016, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
I find the stock foot pegs too low to dig my knees into the tank cut outs. Otherwise I would say just grip the tank with your thighs and knees and support your upper body with your core.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-31-2016, 09:19 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
http://www.saddlemen.com/r-yzf-r-r3-series
BluebirdR3 likes this.

I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.

post #4 of 11 Old 12-31-2016, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanR3 View Post
So, anytime I lean forward to really dig into some turns or just get into that race position because it feel so cool, I slide my butt back in the seat. But sooner or later, I hit a bump and my butt slides forward, causing me to sit upright a bit. I wear Dainese mesh riding pants every time I ride.

Do you guys have this problem? Does anyone know a way to make my butt more grippy? I was thinking maybe tank pads might help, but is there anything else? Maybe some kind of grippy seat cover or a way to make the angle of the seat flatter, and not lean forward as much?

Thanks in advance
The seat isn't the problem. Your suspension is set to stiff if you are hitting bumps so hard your body moves around. I hate the stock seat and feel it has TO MUCH grip. I have a hard time sliding around on it while riding on the track. I have even put wax/lube on it to make it have less grip. That has really helped.

Another thing you could do is put more weight on your toes/feet on the foot pegs. Sort of like planting yourself on the bike. Adding grip pads on the tank may help.

Like me on Facebook at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-31-2016, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanR3 View Post
Does anyone know a way to make my butt more grippy?
........................................... ............................................... .................. Sorry, no.

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)
post #6 of 11 Old 01-01-2017, 09:10 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalview View Post
I hate the stock seat and feel it has TO MUCH grip. I have a hard time sliding around on it while riding on the track. I have even put wax/lube on it to make it have less grip.
This may be old school, but I used to dust the seat of my race bike with baby powder.

I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-01-2017, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Take a look at this seat."NortonFab Motorsports R3 Supersport Seat" It doesn't try to slide you towards the seat and it is easier to slide back and forth. Got one, really like it.

Doug
post #8 of 11 Old 01-03-2017, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll try a few of these suggestions soon, starting with loosening up my rear suspension a notch.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-03-2017, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Try some leather "assless" chaps.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-03-2017, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwick2000 View Post
Try some leather "assless" chaps.
Not sure where you grew up, but where I come from all chaps are assless...

Like me on Facebook at

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page