• 1 Post By R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
  • 1 Post By Potato
  • 1 Post By Potato

post #1 of 10 Old 02-17-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Question Saddlemen GP-V1 Seat

Has anyone purchased and/or tested the Saddlemen GP-V1 Seat? I'm considering getting one, because why wouldn't I want my backside being more comfy? Just curious to see if it's worth the $200 price tag or not. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Been looking at them too.
I know they have 2. A stock height one and a low-cut one, ??????

I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.

Last edited by r100; 02-17-2017 at 05:33 PM. Reason: grammar
post #3 of 10 Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I bought one last august, more comfortable than the original, I am happy with it.

post #4 of 10 Old 02-18-2017, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
I bought one last august, more comfortable than the original, I am happy with it.
Me too. Don't skimp on your noggin or your butt I say. The stock one isn't horrid, but the Saddlemen is awesome. The gel is nice in the middle and it is a lot stickier, and aesthetically and physically, it is a lot beefier and more robust. I think you'll notice it more on long trips or commutes. If you're a commuter, I'd definitely recommend it. If you don't want to shell out the loot, you can buy the Saddlemen gel pad, and mod it in yourself into your stock seat for about $40. I already get dead arm from riding no mater what I do, but I no longer get "numb ass."
contra76 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-19-2017, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Tall one in person looks like it has too much material on the sides. In spirited riding that is not going to work. Commuters could use it. I would go with the low one for sure.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-20-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I use my bike primarily for commuting to and from work, but I'm afraid it's TOO big and beefy. I'd still like to be able to feel like I can "Become one with the bike." If I wanted to sit on a couch, I'd have gotten a cruiser; HOWEVER, I do like to have a comfy bum. Haha. Which ones do you guys own? Standard or low?
post #7 of 10 Old 02-21-2017, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I purchased one (low cut) and put it on my bike this week. I haven't gotten to ride as it's not that pleasant in MA right now but I did sit on it. I could immediately tell the difference. Usually my bony butt makes a mark in the foam. I'll be taking the bike out for the first ride this year later this week and I'll know how it does.
Xoenz likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-21-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
I purchased one (low cut) and put it on my bike this week. I haven't gotten to ride as it's not that pleasant in MA right now but I did sit on it. I could immediately tell the difference. Usually my bony butt makes a mark in the foam. I'll be taking the bike out for the first ride this year later this week and I'll know how it does.
Please let me know. I'm in Upstate NY, and it's gonna be toasty this week/end. I'd be interested. Thanks!
post #9 of 10 Old 02-24-2017, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Alright so Thursday was beautiful and I managed to go out for a ride. Seat is firm but I suspect that it's just due to needing to break it in. It's (duh) lower than the stock seat. I feel like it goes lower near the tank. Rear does seem a bit higher but again might be because of the forward dip. I can now flat-foot the bike. I'm not quite sure what to say since I don't review things. Pillion seat cover is almost impossible to work with out of the box. It may look too small but I was talking with people and I had the seat and cover in my hands and I was just stretching it over and over and it fits nicely now. What would you like to know?
mspgirl likes this.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-27-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

I'm more or less concerned about the overall comfort of the seat. So, I think you covered most of it. I was concerned that either the "Low Profile" seat would be too aggressive and I'd hate the angle, or the standard height seat would be too bulky and make me feel like I'm sitting upright on a couch.

As I know the weather around here sucks again, but let me know after you ride on it for awhile if you think it was a worthwhile purchase! I appreciate you responding. Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page