Does anyone have these integrated tail lights? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

24Likes

post #1 of 53 Old 05-11-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Does anyone have these integrated tail lights?

http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/le...ts/yzf-r3.html

Wanting to purchase a pair but looking for a review of anyone that has them. Also would like to know just how dark is the tinted version? I think it looks good but I also don't want them to make me less visible. The pictures make it hard to tell. Thanks!

Follow me On Instagram!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 05-11-2016, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I have the smoked on my 3, and had the smoked on my previous bike. It is definitely a little dark, but I don't think visibility is an issue at all, the leds are quite bright. The brake light is very bright and flashes so it's impossible to miss. I followed my wife who was riding my bike for a while and it was very visible in the day. I'm sure it's crazy bright at night

Fit is also spot on and the wiring harness plugs right in, I have nothing but good things to say on it.
SeventyTwoMoto and aaypan like this.

Last edited by cxa0897; 05-11-2016 at 07:28 PM.
post #3 of 53 Old 05-11-2016, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxa0897 View Post
I have the smoked on my 3, and had the smoked on my previous bike. It is definitely a little dark, but I don't think visibility is an issue at all, the leds are quite bright. The brake light is very bright and flashes so it's impossible to miss. I followed my wife who was riding my bike for a while and it was very visible in the day. I'm sure it's crazy bright at night

Fit is also spot on and the wiring harness plugs right in, I have nothing but good things to say on it.
Awesome, thanks man!

Follow me On Instagram!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 53 Old 05-11-2016, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Garage
There was a discussion on these with some excellent pics in my unrelated thread, here. The tint doesn't seem to reduce visibility, and the turn signals seem quite bright. Only issue is that its prob less visible than separate signals, i.e. stock. Integrated is inherently a little less noticeable since its part of the tailight.

Regardless, I'll be purchasing one of these in smoked next week. I hate the stock signals and my aftermarkets are way too dim, so the integrated will be much brighter even if slightly less noticeable (can't be worse than what I have now). I was going to wait for their flush mounts to be available too, but I am getting impatient, lol.
mithryn likes this.

Last edited by vercify; 05-11-2016 at 11:16 PM.
post #5 of 53 Old 05-12-2016, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I also have the smoked one and in my opinion it's not dark at all and too light for what I wanted, I actually thought I was shipped the clear by mistake but after googling the clear one I def have the smoke, it's light enough you can see the individual LEDs in the daytime when the light is off when you are looking at it right behind the bike, I really like the sequential blinker which is what made me decide this one over the others, and the flashing brake light is nice. The fit and finish was good. My buddy drove behind me at night in a car and he said when he was more than a few car lengths behind me he could see my blinker on but couldn't really distinguish which direction it was blinking but when he was directly behind me he could tell. Overall I am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decon blue likes this.

post #6 of 53 Old 05-12-2016, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for all the input guys! Looks great. I ordered a smoked one so we will see how it goes.. I do have the bike in red. I do like the visibility of the stock blinkers but not so much the looks. Unfortunately they are sold out of the front flush blinkers so that will have to wait!

Follow me On Instagram!
post #7 of 53 Old 05-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyTwoMoto View Post
Thanks for all the input guys! Looks great. I ordered a smoked one so we will see how it goes.. I do have the bike in red. I do like the visibility of the stock blinkers but not so much the looks. Unfortunately they are sold out of the front flush blinkers so that will have to wait!
Hey man can you let me know how these turn out for you?? I'm very interested in buying the same thing but in addition their fender eliminator kit. Together it would be like 120sh which is not bad to have a fully integrated taillight andd the elimnator kit.
post #8 of 53 Old 05-12-2016, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Infante View Post
Hey man can you let me know how these turn out for you?? I'm very interested in buying the same thing but in addition their fender eliminator kit. Together it would be like 120sh which is not bad to have a fully integrated taillight andd the elimnator kit.
Yeah definitely! Should make the tail section look pretty clean! I have the vagabond fender eliminator, I might have to get a different one because it is pretty bulky and is meant to include standard tail turn signals.

Follow me On Instagram!
post #9 of 53 Old 05-13-2016, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Wanting to purchase a pair but looking for a review of anyone that has them. Also would like to know just how dark is the tinted version? I think it looks good but I also don't want them to make me less visible. The pictures make it hard to tell. Thanks!
I have one on mines! love it. What part of Washington are you at again? If you near me (seattle) you can have a look at mines. I also got the MD fender eliminator both products I highly recommend!! Cheers
post #10 of 53 Old 05-13-2016, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

I have one on mines! love it. What part of Washington are you at again? If you near me (seattle) you can have a look at mines. I also got the MD fender eliminator both products I highly recommend!! Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page