Editing posts? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 9 Old 12-27-2016, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Editing posts?

Is there a reason I cant edit my posts? I have a bunch of stuff for sale and I cant delete things that have been sold. Thanks

Dave
CMRA Expert #810
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-27-2016, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
A lot of forums / admins have adopted the unfortunate rule of time limited editing to combat spammers. =/ AesonVirus may be able to unlock your for-sale thread for you. => http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/membe...esonvirus.html

oh hai, yo

Last edited by xorbe; 12-27-2016 at 10:07 PM.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-27-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
A lot of forums / admins have adopted the unfortunate rule of time limited editing to combat spammers. =/ AesonVirus may be able to unlock your for-sale thread for you. => http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/membe...esonvirus.html
Thanks for the reply

Dave
CMRA Expert #810

post #4 of 9 Old 12-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Garage
Even when fully decked out in my "super-mod" tights and speedo (there's a visual for you) , I don't have the option to unlock a thread for future editing. The edit restrictions seem to be in place at a deeper level.
I've dropped a message to the Administrators to see if we can get more detail on the rules and what options we may have for you.

I know that in other forums I frequent, the rule is to usually create one new thread for each item being sold and once sold, you have the ability to close the thread. I'm not sure if that will be the answer here or not so let's see what I get back for information and we'll go from there.

Thanks
Scott

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle Tube, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Shorty Slip-On Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Adjustable Clutch and Front Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Garage
Hey Dave... I've confirmed that the option to edit the thread is only active for two days, once the thread is created.
If you're looking for ways to manage items for sale beyond the 2-day mark, individual threads would be the best approach.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle Tube, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Shorty Slip-On Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Adjustable Clutch and Front Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

post #6 of 9 Old 12-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
You can also let us know if an item has been sold and we can add the SOLD text to your post.

Thank you so much

~ Glenda

test.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-30-2016, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave
CMRA Expert #810
post #8 of 9 Old 01-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
No worries

~ Glenda

test.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-08-2017, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I was wondering about this as I tried crossing off items I sold...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page