Best Fender Eliminator? - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

22Likes

post #11 of 62 Old 05-18-2015, 11:09 AM
K.O

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Here is the Yoshimoto Fender Eliminator. Sorry for the late-evening pics but I started this after work one day and by the time I was done and cleaned up the garage, there was little light left.

I'll post a day light pic on the 'r3 mods page soon'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150514_195253.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2193   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150514_195238.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	2201   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150514_195225.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	2209  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 Old 05-21-2015, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Cool Same search

I have the same thoughts, but I don't like any because of the sharp angle of the rear end makes most look like after market junk. Yoshimura is definitely the best looking, so if no other comes out in the next year it will be my choice. Something you might do to camouflage the ugly thing they put on the R3 is to measure below the license plate and cut the extra plastic off. It will be less identifiable if that means something to you. I bought/installed the TST front flush mount turn signals (with the blinker control) and an hour is all you need to install. I was happy with the finished product and the amazing change in the looks. I have a Raven color, so I chose the smoke lens. You don't even see them until the flash, and then they show up very well. Yoshimura has a nice slip on (carbon fiber) that is just becoming available. It makes the little motor sound like a big one, but it doesn't stop the fabulous scream of the motor from 9000-11,500. My friend heard me take off through the gears and thought my bike was a 600. The acceleration is very good above 8000 rpm. I only warn anyone to get the first oil change before ringing out the motor (mine has 650 miles now).
post #13 of 62 Old 05-22-2015, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
I installed the Vegabond and am very pleased. Simple install.

$5 off code in this thread.

The kit uses the factory plate light and you can use either your OEM turns or aftermarket. The kit comes with hardware for both.

Goalier95 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Want to be added?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gear Up & Ride Safe!

post #14 of 62 Old 06-10-2015, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Alright, so I was originally going to get a Vagabond, but since my wife's license plate light got busted off and I had 45 dollars credit on Revzilla, I ordered the Yoshimura. Much to my chagrin...

Vagabond >>>>>>> Yoshimura.

In hindsight I should've used that 45 dollar credit for something else and just have gotten a Vagabond and supported them, but like I said, hindsight...

I have a Vagabond on my FZ07 and its just so much better in so many ways. First off, its basically one piece. Well, technically its two pieces the Yoshimura's is 4 pieces (not counting the light) and it relies on the license plate as part of its foundation! You can easily remove your license plate from the Vagabond no problem. For the Yoshi, if you remove the license plate, you have to remove the turn signal assemblies!!! WTF.

Also its not clean. The wires are heavily exposed. On the Vagabond, the wires are flush and out of sight, the only way to see any of the wires is to look directly underneath straight up. Not on the Yoshi, you can see the wires from the side. Ugh. Now granted, this is based on my FZ07, but I'm just going to guess that it will be the same.

I am heavily disappointed with the Yoshimura one. Overpriced. I would've been better off just buying a seperate LED license plate light or ****, buying the OEM license plate light assembly and the Vagabond. Actually, I will probably just do that. Spend an extra 70 bucks and get the superior product. That's how much better the Vagabond eliminator is. I apologize to our supporting vendor, it was originally a plan that saved me some money but in the end, it was a bad plan and now I'm full of regret and have to ultimately spend more money to do it right.
87112, VagabondMS and R3FOURLIFE like this.

Last edited by Lollingthunder; 06-10-2015 at 07:28 PM.
post #15 of 62 Old 06-10-2015, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing your story but that won't help you win the f/e giveaway. lol jk bro head over to the vegabond giveaway you might win one.
post #16 of 62 Old 06-10-2015, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Really like the vagabond. Been told by many that it looks factory. Went with Rizoma action signals. Very bright and clean looking.

FangShui, 87112 and VagabondMS like this.
post #17 of 62 Old 06-11-2015, 02:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
homemade fender eliminator

You can always make one, here's my diy fender eliminator on my r3
I used 16 gauge piece of aluminum, using a cutting wheel, cut it to shape
Total spent was $7 lol lmk what you think
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150610_190554.jpg
Views:	1356
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	4569  
post #18 of 62 Old 06-11-2015, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Did you end up getting a Fender Eliminator? I know that snowcatxx87, a Moto Vlogger from Calgary got a ticket for one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReB_MDgIvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpizzaca View Post
Hey guys,

I'm going to be (hopefully) picking up my Black R3 sometime next week. I abhor the look of the stock rear fender though and have been looking for a fender eliminator kit. I like the look of the Yoshimura, but it's a little expensive and I don't think it fits Canadian license plates. Also from TST Industries, but they said it won't be available until July.

Are there any others currently available?
post #19 of 62 Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
I went with the vagabonds fender eliminator. It was easy to install and looks really nice.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20150617_181328nopm.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	5545   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150621_153107.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	5553  
post #20 of 62 Old 06-22-2015, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
The R&G racing one is a quality unit

I have it installed on my bike. Solid black powder coated aluminum, well thought out design, bright LED plate light and stylish shroud, comes with spacers for wiring (instead if mashing the wire between the bike and mount plate), and spacers to properly mount the factory turn signals so they dont fall out, everything is plug and play.

Only gripes I had was you NEED superglue or two sided tape (says you need it in the instructions but not included) to mount the spacers when installing the mount plate to the bike. Its near impossible to do without holding the spacers in place some how. I used two sided tape myself. And, the LED tail light is color coded wiring for polarity (black and red), but the included factory adapter harness (plugs into factory plate light harness then to the led) was reversed, so I ended up having to go 'black to red' and 'red to black' for the light to work... no big deal... just looks weird/wrong if you look closely at the wiring under the seat.

Just my $.02
I did it just without the spacers

Race Blue Yamaha R3
Netherlands

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page