Denali sound bomb on r3 - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

post #11 of 13 Old 01-09-2017, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
The "mini" listed by Twisted Throttle is not an air horn, it is electromagnetic like my Fiamm Freeway Blasters.
I swapped a Lo-tone Fiamm for the stock horn to get me through autumn until the snow started. It was marginally better and a 5 minute job.
For a real improvement you must have two (low and high tone), and they must be powered through a relay.
It took me days. The biggest job was figuring out where and how to install everything, then wires had to be made.
This is the fourth time I have used a pair of these horns. That, and a SS front brake line are the first things I do when I change bikes.
I am not a sound engineer so I can't explain it, but the way the two horns sound together is much more than twice as loud as one horn.
Gizmo and BluebirdR3 like this.

I've spent most of my money on women, motorcycles, and beer.
The rest of it I just wasted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 02-22-2017, 03:51 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Bluebird:

So I got the Mini after consulting TwistedThrottle. Installed it into where the OEM horn was, using the two arm brackets that were provided. it IS wider than the OEM horn, so I had to bend the brackets back a bit so the horn fit and doesn't scrape against the rear of the headlight housing.

I like the sound of the horn. Comes out sounding like a mid-size sedan and grabs attention well. I'm sure with a little fiddling, you could position the Compact somewhere but if you want just an easy plug and play, then the Mini is the way to go
BluebirdR3 likes this.

1st bike: 2008 Honda CBR 125r
2nd bike: 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
3rd bike: 2016 Yamaha YZF-R3

"So live your life that the fear of death may never enter your heart... Love your life, perfect your life, and beautify all things in your life..."
post #13 of 13 Old 02-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Jay

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I have the soundbomb compact on my R3. I mounted it where the stock horn was, had to do some fiddling with positioning but I got it on there. Sounds amazing.

Listen, I hate to break it to you but what you call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle. Rise above. Focus on science.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page