User Tag List

5Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 05-16-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Denali sound bomb on r3

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to install a Denali Sound Bomb on their R3.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denal...-tone-air-horn

I hate the stock sound and I want to make sure to get noticed on the streets, there are some terrible driver's here in Atlanta, GA.

Please let me know of your thoughts

2015 Yamaha R3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-16-2016, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Hella horns or the nautilus are all I've ever seen people upgrade to. If this is genuinely 120db,it should also be pretty good.

I've actually got an BMW m3 horn laying around which I think I'm going to install. Got it for a few bucks at a flea market and should be able to wire it up easily enough. Anything is better than a standard bike horn, they are on a whole, pretty disappointing.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-08-2016, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I emailed the guys at Twisted Throttle, and asked if the Soundbomb Compact or the Soundbomb Mini would be more suitable for the R3 and they suggested i get the Mini. The mini just installed where the old horn is; no wires, no fiddling with placement. I haven't ordered it yet, but i'm considering it.

1st bike: 2008 Honda CBR 125r
2nd bike: 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
3rd bike: 2016 Yamaha YZF-R3

"So live your life that the fear of death may never enter your heart... Love your life, perfect your life, and beautify all things in your life..."

post #4 of 13 Old 09-08-2016, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
I'd like to get one too - if someone gets this installed I'd like to know how well it works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-23-2016, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
are you talking abou the dual-tone soundbomb or the soundbomb mini?

1st bike: 2008 Honda CBR 125r
2nd bike: 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
3rd bike: 2016 Yamaha YZF-R3

"So live your life that the fear of death may never enter your heart... Love your life, perfect your life, and beautify all things in your life..."
post #6 of 13 Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I can't comment about the Denali, but I installed a Nautilus on my R3 and it sounds like a train!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Gizmo likes this.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-24-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie.online View Post
I can't comment about the Denali, but I installed a Nautilus on my R3 and it sounds like a train!

What was the installation like for the Nautilus? I'm pretty good with wiring and stuff but would like to hear your opinions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-24-2016, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebirdR3 View Post
What was the installation like for the Nautilus? I'm pretty good with wiring and stuff but would like to hear your opinions.
The hardest part was finding somewhere to mount the horn. I put mine in the gap in the left hand fairing near the indicator. This was pretty much the only place that it would fit, but from this location I could also run the wiring from the existing horn system without having to extend it.

You could probably fit the whole assembly in the space in the fairing but I separated the compressor and the horn, and used an air hose to connect them. This was mainly so the horn outlet could be mounted in the gap in the fairing for maximum sound output.

It's hard to see, but the circular metal object in this picture is the compressor mounted in the fairing gap. You can just see the air hose leading to the front of the fairing too.

Gizmo likes this.

Last edited by Paulie.online; 09-24-2016 at 07:31 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 PM

Thanks for the info! Was wondering if anyone else has installed something like the Denali or Nautilus?

post #10 of 13 Old 01-08-2017, 05:12 PM

Bringing this back from the dead - I'm thinking of going with the mini just to make it simple. Would like to hear opinions if anyone has one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page