R3 oil light issue - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 Old 12-10-2016, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
R3 oil light issue

I have a brand new r3 a month old. Sometimes when the bike is started the oil light will stay on and it will stay ob till I give it a bit of gas then it goes off. I have been to the dealer and they made pressure test and it was fine they said. Is this a common thing on the r3 and also the 3rd gear on the display sometimes it don't display then sometime it works. They checked the sensor and said it is working fine. I don't know if it's a common problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-10-2016, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Yes, and maybe.

Oil light is extremely common and most were fixed with the recall. Mine has not been back on since the fix, it was always on before it.

I remember reading about some gear indicator issues but have not had any myself. You may be able to dig up a few threads using the search
post #3 of 5 Old 12-11-2016, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Mine had the oil light issue once or twice until the recall was done. Haven't ever had the gear indicator problem though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-17-2016, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The oil pump gear recall had already been done they said.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-17-2016, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Mine has come on since my first oil change. Since recall. It has an extended warranty on the engine so **** it, if it blows I get a new engine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page