Yamaha R3 Forums banner

R3 GP Slip On with down pipe installed.

15K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Sam Perry 
#1 ·
Installed my down pipe today and deleted the cat from the oxygen sensor back. I plan too match the down pipe to the original flat black of the headers to give it bike a cleaner look. Install took a couple of hours with a support bracket also installed to provide added support to the down pipe total plus labor $100. Now my R3 sounds like a true GP bike which is awesome but the sound from the pipe is louder but not annoying at all. The slip on was louder by itself but still on the quite side. With out the cat my R3 has lost another 5 pounds and its noticable it all the right areas. The bike is in need of a full air fuel mapping but as it stands right now the bike is running a little on the rich side with a slight pop coming from the pipe under hard acceleration and down shifting but its not a bubbling popping or anything to worry about. Over all Im happy with my results will dyno tune soon and I saved over $200 over a full system which in my opinion isnt really worth it. Here is one picture I will post more photos soon.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I plan to get my bike tuned at L@L motor sports I have a friend that is contracted by dyno jet to build power commanders for all new bikes. He is auto tune certified and has done excellent work for me in the past. The PCV needs to be tuned up for the current mods im just waiting for a performace air cleaner then I will buy the PCV 5 and tune her up to speed:D

More pictures below:eek:

Attachments

#3 ·
If you block off the AIS system it will pop less on decelleration. Of course, this defeats even more of your emmissions system. On Hondas this is called the PAIR valve. Sometimes you can make or buy blockoff plates or you can just cap the line. If you cap the line you want to make sure moisture doesn't build up in that area.

#11 ·
I rode right past a CHP officer the other day he did not even pay any attention to me. There are Harelys that are way louder plus you can install a DP killer if you would like. The louder sound from the pipe is noticable to cars on the highway which is a big plus. I posted the video of the sound in another thread check it out and see!

#24 ·
So is the oxygen sensor on the old piping or you made it on your new one? Did you weld or just clamps ? I want to do my own exhaust to my r3 but want the exhaust to sit by my pegs that way I can remove pillion pegs and looks slick at the back , a similar style exhaust to the m4 street slayer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.