Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Stock exhaust dimensions?

27K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Julian Huynh 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've been looking every where to find out this info.
I was going to buy a shorty slip on exhaust off of Ebay, but I'm not sure it will fit. I asked the seller for his opinion and they are asking me if the R3 has a 1.50 pipe.. So I'm new to motorcycles in general, and I'm guessing they are referring to the diameter of the pipe that extends out of the muffler box on this bike?
Do any of you know the diameter of this pipe?
Thank you :)

#2 ·
Hi, I've been looking every where to find out this info.
I was going to buy a short exhaust off of Ebay, but I'm not sure it will fit. I asked the seller for his opinion and they are asking me if the R3 has a 1.50 pipe.. So I'm new to motorcycles in general, and I'm guessing they are referring to the diameter of the pipe that extends out of the muffler box on this bike?
Do any of you know the diameter of this pipe?
Thank you :)
I'll do the measurement withing 3 hours for you. Not at the garage atm :(

#9 ·
Just throwin' it out there - get an exhaust made specifically for the R3. If the seller isn't sure whether it fits or not, he sure isn't sure if it's really going to work for your bike. You could actually get a loss in performance and it may not mount correctly. Spend the coin and get an Akra, Yosh, or other brand that has been built to work well with your bike, will fit correctly and have a long life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.