Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Installed devil evolution d5m slip on

9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Ravaloft 
#1 ·
Hi just wanted to share some photos of the devil evolution d5m slip on I just received and installed. Went with this because I really like the gp style. $302 total shipped express from Thailand. Took about 1 week. Quality is top notch with engraving on tip and pipe. Sound is definitely deeper with more authority. Haven't really revved it loud because it was 9pm when I finished and didn't want to disturb the neighbors. Haven't tried without baffle either. I will ride to work today with baffle in and tomorrow with baffle out. I have never tried posting a video on a forum before. Do you know if I can post directly a video from my phone? Oh and the heat shield I ordered directly from yoshimura for $50 to clean up the look. At first it touched the mid pipe but I just pulled out on it and now it clears about 2 cm.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I think I'm going to take the baffle out. With it in its louder when revving while parked but cruising along its not loud enough. I like to be noticed while cruising through town. I does get plenty loud when hitting high rpm but at the moment I'm still in the break in period so I don't full throttle that much. I don't know if it's just me but it feels different while shifting. Before I had to give more throttle but now I only need less. Really happy with this purchase. Couldn't stand the lawnmower sound of stock. Funny thing happened while riding. A couple riding along beside me in a car was looking at the exhaust instead of the whole bike. I dont know if that's good or bad.

#10 ·
Thanks for posting this; I emailed them for a price to Atlanta for the muffler and also the full system. When they reply, I'm going to ask if I could order the rest of the system if I get the muffler and decide later to go all the way. It would be nice to have that option. The lawnmower sound is there even without the factory muffler--took it off for today's ride to hear the difference; jus a bit louder lawnmower sound (in fact, my landscaper neighbor was mowing his lawn next door, and when I cranked up my bike, it sounded the same as his mower! The muffler, when you remove the tail cap by drilling out the rivets, looks like a tractor muffler. A real boat anchor.

#12 ·
Mine arrived in less than a week, but the Post Office would not leave it without a signature (I work all day), so I finally got it today after a 45 minute phone call to the USPS asking to leave it on my porch. Total time was 8 days. Unfortunately, the muffler company forgot the adapter collar (goes over existing pipe coming out of cat box and inside their pipe). Sent e-mail to Reef; hopefully, he will send the part right away, but we will see...

#13 ·
Reef replied very quickly that he will send out the part right away. BTW, the muffler is very high quality; all the welds are perfect--much better than the welds on the R3 frame (I'm sure most of you have seen the "price-point" welding job on your bike). The "D-Evil" badge is actually a sticker that you can apply, or not. The can comes devoid of any emblems except a small etching at the exit spout. Since I have removed the passenger foot pegs and brackets, I am going to see about drilling through the pipe at the install point and putting a bolt to keep the muffler from turning--like on the Coffman muffler. I may need to fabricate a hanger bracket from 1" x 1/8" aluminum bar stock if needed though, but I prefer the look without the hanger. Weight savings? You bet! The whole package on my porch was so light, I thought the box was empty! Versus the ten pound factory muffler...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.