Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
Really trying to just own one motorcycle
I can understand that, but it's no use.
I tried the same thing, and failed miserably.

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 Old 05-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Garage
I've been eyeballing the FZ-07's as well and I'm trying hard to convince myself that I dont need one.
A) I don't "need" it... I have a brand new R3 with 150 miles on it.
B) It costs more $$$
C) It's more $ to insure
D) The pegs hit me right in the legs at a stop

I just WANT one. LOL

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Slip-On Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Adjustable Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 53 Old 05-26-2016, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AesonVirus View Post
D) The pegs hit me right in the legs at a stop

I just WANT one. LOL
Don't let that stop you. My Versys had the pegs in the same place. After a week or so, I never felt they were in the way. You just move around them at a stop.

Want to be added?

Gear Up & Ride Safe!

post #14 of 53 Old 05-26-2016, 05:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
I've been eyeballing the FZ-07's as well and I'm trying hard to convince myself that I don't need one.
I just WANT one. LOL
I did the same thing, when I was comparing the R3 to the FZ-07.
Too many things were in favor of choosing the R3.

The ONLY thing the FZ-07 had going for it was the larger engine.
Everything else was better on the R3.

Had I picked the FZ-07, I would have spent another $3,000 over the R3.
Because.... I would have had to put a full exhaust on it, with a Fuel controller.
Also, some kind of front cowl/windscreen.

The FZ-07 is kinda ugly, to be honest. I hate the front headlight area.
And those cheap side covers above the pegs. Looks like an afterthought to hide something.

Same suspension in a heavier, more powerful bike = worse performance.
( Just look at the FZ-09 for proof of this! )

R3 is cheaper, it works better as a package, and it looks WAY better.

post #15 of 53 Old 05-26-2016, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The sound of the FZ with an aftermarket exhaust is pure sex. The sound of the R3 is... um... just not.

Don't get me wrong... I like the R3 and the wife would kill me if I bought another bike but the non-stop picking from friends on how I bought a chic's bike has me second guessing my decision.

Maybe I just need better friends
Gizmo likes this.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Slip-On Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Adjustable Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

post #16 of 53 Old 05-26-2016, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Quote:
Maybe I just need better friends
Shallow crap friends, sorry dude. Real friends just want to have a good time however and whenever.

I have both a luxury and non-luxury vehicle. I had one friend that would rather walk than be seen getting into/out of my beater car (average Mazda hatch). How f'n shallow is that, nobody cares if you get out of a Mazda at a restaurant. Guess what, I don't really hang out with that friend any more. A person with zero interesting hobbies, only owns name brand stuff that (imo) brings zero value to one's life.
Paulie.online and CBRpilot like this.

oh hai, yo

Last edited by xorbe; 05-26-2016 at 10:28 PM.
post #17 of 53 Old 05-27-2016, 12:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Don't get me wrong... I like the R3 and the wife would kill me if I bought another bike but the non-stop picking from friends on how I bought a chic's bike has me second guessing my decision.
Tell those POSER "friends" to watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHEihtOQNE

post #18 of 53 Old 05-27-2016, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Keep in mind, the guys busting my balls don't ride.. They drive over-compensated Jeeps and Honda Accords.
If I didn't feel over-sized on the bike and if my wife never made the "it sounds like a scooter" comment, they would have a harder time getting into my head.
Either way, I'm happy with it and I'm also happy it doesn't have more power than it does right now.

I won't consider anything else until I've taken advanced rider lessons and until I've gotten rid of my chicken strips.
And who knows... when that time comes, I may just find a whole new respect for the R3 and keep it anyway.

post #19 of 53 Old 05-27-2016, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I got asked by 95% of my friends why I paid so much for such a small bike....end of the day its what I wanted, that's all that counts!

As for the MT-03, seen it at the dealers and doesn't do anything for me, prefer the R3
CBRpilot and Gizmo like this.

Previous bikes - Suzuki TS50X, Aprilia AF1 Replica (mid-restoration), CBR 400 Tri-Arm (Rothmans Racing)

Last edited by Phil_B; 05-27-2016 at 01:29 AM.
post #20 of 53 Old 05-27-2016, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
Tell those POSER "friends" to watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHEihtOQNE

Or one of our local fourm guys ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1lu5oAA_eM#t=30

oh hai, yo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page