User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By RebelRayna

post #1 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Xsr900

The XSR900 is so pretty....I think I'll be trading the R3 in soon. The suede seat and solo seat cover that Yamaha sells and a pair of clip on's or clubman bars and that thing is getting close to my perfect bike. Anyone had the chance to ride one? Color preferences? I like both the yellow and the grey, I wish we get the blue in the states.

I love my R3 but I bought it to learn on with the intention of not keeping it long. I have always loved the cafe racer style bikes but not the lack of performance and reliability of an older bike, the xsr900 seems to be a perfect balance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I love this model too, but it is not coming to my country

Let's ride.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
Whenever I decide to get another bike it will have a triple. I love those engines. I haven't rode an XSR but have read it's pretty much a fz09 with more refined suspension, fueling ,TC and a slipper clutch hence the higher price tag. I'll probably go back to Triumph because it's my favorite manufacturer but Yamaha has been unreal in the amount of new bikes they have been releasing lately. I don't think the XSR is a painted grey color I'm pretty sure it's more of a brushed aluminum. Post pics if you pick one up

2016 r3-blue
2014 super tenere es-gone
2012 street triple r-sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Saw the XSR900 in person a couple weeks ago. Not sure if i'd go with a naked bike as my only bike, but i absolutely love the bike with the cafe racer kit on it. Gorgeous.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
the xsr is sweet! I had the chance of test riding one during yamaha demo days very smooth engine with more than enough power for the street...oh and what a sweet sound she makes! the cluster gauge is super cool as well I had no problems reading it comes with different rider modes which is neat abs and traction control come standard its a very appealing bike with a reasonable price tag

brushed aluminum looks way better than the yellow racing livery IMO
post #6 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
if you guys have a yammy dealer close by I would inquire about their upcoming demo days and you could test ride one as well
post #7 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Looks pretty cool, but not my style. Rode the fz09 when it first came out and was impressed with the motor but not much else. Looks like they've basically fixed the "not much else" with the fj09 and these new 900s so it should be a good bike.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-04-2016, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
That's kind of a big jump.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 10 Old 07-04-2016, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Garage
I went from FZ09 to my R3. Triple engine is great. Lotts of torque, great low end power for sure, but supension was horrible. And the wind blast from being naked was hard to deal with sitting up. The FZ was almost like you were sitting on it instead of being part of the bike. Sits up like a Supermoto. Never could get comfortable laying it over in corners fast being up that high and the pogo effect of rear shock was redicules. I put just over 16000 miles on it and have to say I would not buy it again. But the triples power is addicting for sure. The XRS is same bike. Same frame. Same engine. ABS, slipper clutch would be nice, but still fork and shock work is a couple grand to make it handle and still your sitting on it not in it. JMHO.

TST Undertail and Fender Eliminator kit, TST Flush Front Turn Signals, TST Intergrated Tail light, Fork Pre Load Adjusters, Rear Set Relocation Plates, CNC Mirror Block off plates, CRG Blindside mirror, R6 Throttle Tube, Full Arrow Stainless Steel Header with Arrow can, Adjustable Levers, OEM Cowl
post #10 of 10 Old 07-04-2016, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I'd love an fz6 someday. Detuned r6 engine. Windscreen. Nakedish/stander bike. My boyfriend rides a 2005(1St gen) fz1. He loves it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Decon blue likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page