2017 R6 Rumor - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

post #11 of 25 Old 08-12-2016, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
To bad its a fake. I like the graphics, a take on the classic Yamaha speed block.

Rapid Red bought new 11/14 delivered 11/15/2015 with 0 miles build date 06/2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 08-12-2016, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
If they can fix the ergonomics of the R6, bring it up to current in looks (which won't be a problem I estimate given how great the R1 looks), and can bring it a few upgrades it desperately needs to be competitive then I'd consider one.

I wish more companies would do with 600s like they do with their liter bikes, and like Triumph does with the Daytona. Offer one bike with a lot less options, a lot less R&D, and offer it at a considerably less price as a result. Then give people the option to pay more for the bike with all the bells and whistles. The R1 is actually a perfect example, where you can get one with an acceptable KYB suspension, all the power, and a quick shifter (it's a cheap option you can add on from factory) for like $15,000. If you want the full on racebike R1M, it gets expensive. But instead of making one bike, they make both to appeal to both crowds.

I feel something like that would work great with more 600s. Make one that is cheaper and you can make higher profits on for most of the guys that just want a fast bike. Then make one, like the 675R, that is a great bike and a great option for those that choose it.
post #13 of 25 Old 09-15-2016, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
And now Yamaha has decided to tease us all!

torrid_pace and BluebirdR3 like this.

-Rachael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 25 Old 09-15-2016, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
What Yamaha needs is a proper faired 90 hp FZ6 for the street again, not that watered down top heavy ass FZ6R or stripped naked FZ07 twin both with only 65 whp or so.
RebelRayna likes this.
post #15 of 25 Old 09-16-2016, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
**** ME MAN!!! I HAVE FUCKING GOOSE BUMPS AFTER WATCHING THAT!?!? COULD IT BE A NEW R6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

take my money yermerhaaaa

Your friendly neighborhood thread de-railer
WMRC #765
post #16 of 25 Old 09-16-2016, 11:49 AM

hark!? do my ears hear a triple?!?!?!

WMRC #765
post #17 of 25 Old 09-16-2016, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
A new R6 needs to happen if they do not want it to end up the same way the CBR600RR did. It fell behind the times, built up a poor reputation on a performance level, and suffered in sales as a result.

The current R6 has been almost entirely the same bike for almost 10 years now. Yamaha needs to catch up, and fast. Triumph is about to make an even further step forward, Suzuki already has more tech at the same price and is rumored to be upgrading soon, and the ZX6R is in a similar boat as the GSXR.

Another thing, Yamaha needs to do some soul searching on the target audience of a 600. The majority of people who choose a 600 over a 1000 are doing so because they accept they do not need a 1000. They are doing so because they accept the practicality of the 600 over the 1000. Yamaha NEEDS to address the comfort issues of the R6 if they plan to stay competitive in the 600 Supersport market. The GSXR and CBR are infinitely more comfortable to ride than the R6 and offer similar performance. The R6 just feels bigger and heavier than it really is and that is a big turnoff to many people stepping up the the 600 for the first time. The 675R, for example, is similarly aggressive in terms of how far leaned over the rider is, but it is much narrower and feels more manageable to sit on and ride.
CMH Raven BB and Skills3241 like this.
post #18 of 25 Old 09-17-2016, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyality View Post
The R6 just feels bigger and heavier than it really is and that is a big turnoff to many people stepping up the the 600 for the first time. The 675R, for example, is similarly aggressive in terms of how far leaned over the rider is, but it is much narrower and feels more manageable to sit on and ride.
Yes! I had always thought of going up to a 600 and sat on the R6 after having my R3 for awhile. I found it big, heavy and really not all that great. The tank especially was too big for me. It was also a bit high and I was on my tip toes, which was not comfortable. I also didn't like being that leaned over. I must be getting old

Not sure about the 675R so I'll take your word for it.

post #19 of 25 Old 09-28-2016, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
What Yamaha needs is a proper faired 90 hp FZ6 for the street again, not that watered down top heavy ass FZ6R or stripped naked FZ07 twin both with only 65 whp or so.
Yes! This!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Gizmo likes this.
post #20 of 25 Old 10-04-2016, 12:58 PM

so day one at intermot is over and we have seen the new 939ss the new fireblade and some other new bikes but still no new r6? was this video meant to tease the updated fz09?!? the anticipation is killing me.

WMRC #765

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page