Yamaha FZ-03 - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

post #11 of 25 Old 07-30-2015, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Yea.. as a FZ03.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 704-799-2192
See our complete >>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<
Check out our Youtube Channel for Lots of Great Parts Installation >>
<<
Ohlins Premier Dealer, Great Prices, Tech.Support, Full Staff of Sales Reps, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping,
Large Inventory and Excellent Customer Service.
Celebrating our 17th year in business

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 08-04-2015, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Looks great!
Any details and specs regarding seat height and such?
Trying to get the wife into riding but she's quite the shorty (5'0")
post #13 of 25 Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce360 View Post
If she hasn't been riding much/at all so far, I'd be looking at weight and weight distribution as much as seat height. As long as she can get part of both feet on the ground even when the surface is uneven and/or sloped, what the issue is, is being able to support the bike with her leg strength, especially if she's coming to a stop somewhat unprepared as new riders often do. You might see if you can find a Honda CRF230M for her to learn on - slightly taller, but super light, and with motard-stye suspension with a lot of travel.

If she goes that way, you'll want to put a brake lever on - the stock one is huge and non-adjustable; before I put a Zeta lever on, I had to completely close the throttle before I could even reach the brake. :eek: Honda imported a ton of them but they sold poorly, but it's a terrific starter bike IMO, or a fun urban assault vehicle for anyone, just useless on the highway. I can tell you where there's one in Ohio, low mileage ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 Old 08-14-2015, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamama View Post
If she hasn't been riding much/at all so far, I'd be looking at weight and weight distribution as much as seat height. As long as she can get part of both feet on the ground even when the surface is uneven and/or sloped, what the issue is, is being able to support the bike with her leg strength, especially if she's coming to a stop somewhat unprepared as new riders often do. You might see if you can find a Honda CRF230M for her to learn on - slightly taller, but super light, and with motard-stye suspension with a lot of travel.

If she goes that way, you'll want to put a brake lever on - the stock one is huge and non-adjustable; before I put a Zeta lever on, I had to completely close the throttle before I could even reach the brake. :eek: Honda imported a ton of them but they sold poorly, but it's a terrific starter bike IMO, or a fun urban assault vehicle for anyone, just useless on the highway. I can tell you where there's one in Ohio, low mileage ...
+1 on the CRF230M. Great bike. Too bad 2009 was the last year they were sold in the U.S. They still sold them overseas until 2012.

Cycle World Review says: ". Itís incredibly easy to ride, almost effortlessly so; and, unlike most dual-sport-based machines, it allows short-legged folks to achieve firm footing at stops astride its narrow dirtbike-style saddle. Seat height is just 31.9 inches unladen and sinks nearly 2 inches when compressed under the weight of a 150-pound rider."

I believe the rear suspension is of the Link-type, so you could get a lowering
link kit for it and bring it down several inches.

Attachment 13097

Last edited by FangShui; 09-22-2015 at 05:11 PM.
post #15 of 25 Old 08-16-2015, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce360 View Post
Looks great!
Any details and specs regarding seat height and such?
I found the specs of the MT25 but it's in Indonesian language. They seem to love them.
If it's like the Honda CBR and CBF, the size and height will be almost the same as the R3. Minor changes in fairing/headlight are the only real differences.
I think I want one. I'm afraid of damaging the fairings on the R3.
post #16 of 25 Old 08-16-2015, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zchan View Post
I found the specs of the MT25 but it's in Indonesian language. They seem to love them.
If it's like the Honda CBR and CBF, the size and height will be almost the same as the R3. Minor changes in fairing/headlight are the only real differences.
I think I want one. I'm afraid of damaging the fairings on the R3.
Just do a "Right Click". "Translate to English" any page you find. Google Translate isn't great with Indonesian but you should be able to figure it out.
You'll have to convert metric to inches, too.

As you said, all is the same as the R3 except headlight, bodywork, handlebars and the front tire is a 110/70-17

Last edited by FangShui; 08-16-2015 at 10:46 PM.
post #17 of 25 Old 08-28-2015, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
The official release MT03 (FZ03) North America. Look below for the Youtube hotkey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYmc4N5zOU
post #18 of 25 Old 08-28-2015, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pattonme
the FZ might be geared lower by a tooth. The main benefit will be cheaper insurance rates - no plastic, no $$$$ outlay to replace.

Forks-by-Matt :: Affordable cartridge solutions (R3, FZ07, SV650, more)
post #19 of 25 Old 08-28-2015, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Garage
That had to be one of the cheesiest and most annoying ads I have seen in awhile. Bike looks nice though.

Like me on Facebook at

post #20 of 25 Old 08-28-2015, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Looks way better than CB300F!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page