Yamaha R3 Forums banner

MT-03 / FZ-03 Coming to North America in late 2015?

13K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  CBRpilot 
#1 ·
Maybe. Hopefully. More choice of entry-level bikes = better future for the sport.

"Yamaha Motor Indonesia
revealed the new MT-25, a naked version of the company’s YZF-R25 sportbike offered in Asian markets. There’s no word yet on whether the MT-25 will be brought over to North America, but if it does, it’ll likely see a displacement boost to 321cc matching the YZF-R3, and go by the name FZ-03."

More: http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/06/06/manufacturers/yamaha/yamaha-mt-25-revealed-in-indonesia/

See less See more
#6 ·
From AR:

It is presumed that for the North America and Europe, Yamaha will release a 300cc model, likely to be named the MT-03 (that’s FZ-03 for us Americans), as they did with the YZF-R3 sport bike.
Priced aggressively in the Indonesia market, the MT-25 should be a strong offering from Yamaha for price-conscious riders throughout the world.
We would expect the machine to come to the US market with a price tag south of $4,500 , of course we will have to wait and see if Yamaha green lights the motorcycle for this side of the pond first.
I don't see why it wouldn't come, Honda is having success with the naked CB300...

#9 ·
That bike looks like what I would want for myself,
They should add a windshield and trunk mounting points if they want this bike to become more popular; which are one of the main complaints about the Honda CB300F (aside from it's availability in only 1 color).

And I would agree on the higher handlebars. They'd have to be a lot higher and more backwards than the R3.

You think they will reduce the price compared to an R3, like Honda and some other brands do?

#15 ·
Yeah, I fully expect Yamaha to bring the naked R3 to USA very SOON. I'm sure they will call it FZ-03. I really like the Silver/Blue one! Looks very nice! It would be great fun around town. Maybe it will be over here by the end of this year, and they will call it an early 2017 model. Price should be around $4,500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.