Brembo RCS 19 Radial Master Cylinder - Page 3 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

post #21 of 28 Old 02-08-2017, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Garage
You guys are worried about putting Chinese parts on a Chinese bike?
The R3 is made in Indonesia from Chinese parts! LoL

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 02-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
Chinese parts or not, the problem with this argument is that the parts on the R3 work as they should. When you start ordering and replacing things like a master cylinder with imitation/knock off parts from a country, China or not, that doesn't always have a good record of QA, then yes I will worry about putting (insert country here) parts onto my bike. I could care less where they are from. I want something that I know will do the job. Sure anything can fail, but the big name companies have proven time and time again that the probability of their item failing is far far lower than most of these imitations.
sbk1198 likes this.
post #23 of 28 Old 02-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
Country of origin is not the issue, it's who the manufacturer is. Quality parts can / are made on every continent, a company like Yamaha is not going to open itself or shareholders to liability / negligence. Yes, there was the recall, but Yamaha was proactive and spent $$ to remedy the issue.

Some unknown parts maker who is not subject to legal and financial repercussions, I would be wary trusting with my life.
Kojiiro likes this.

post #24 of 28 Old 02-09-2017, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Not that this is different from some of the posts, but worth pointing out.

Many major name manufactures from around the world buy from Chinese companies for their product line. In those cases, they often send and/or keep factory reps at the Chinese companies to ensure they follow specific design and manufacture processes/specs. Those parts can fail but are less likely to do so as they have to follow the branded manufacture's direction.

The Chinese companies/products to be careful about are the ones that build to the lowest cost - that's why the parts are so cheap. The parts may look [sort of] like the real thing but there is a reason they are so cheap.

In the end, it is your bike, money, and life. Just don't buy a knockoff part and think you are getting the real deal and know that the failure of the part should not cause of you loosing control of your bike.
Kojiiro likes this.

Last edited by spacetiger; 02-09-2017 at 07:48 PM.
post #25 of 28 Old 02-09-2017, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwick2000 View Post
Country of origin is not the issue, it's who the manufacturer is. Quality parts can / are made on every continent, a company like Yamaha is not going to open itself or shareholders to liability / negligence. Yes, there was the recall, but Yamaha was proactive and spent $$ to remedy the issue.

Some unknown parts maker who is not subject to legal and financial repercussions, I would be wary trusting with my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetiger View Post

Many major name manufactures from around the world buy from Chinese companies for their product line. In those cases, they often send and/or keep factory reps at the Chinese companies to ensure they follow specific design and manufacture processes/specs. Those parts can fail but are less likely to do so as they have to follow the branded manufacture's direction.

The Chinese companies/products to be careful about are the ones that build to the lowest cost - that's why the parts are so cheap. The parts may look [sot of] like the real thing but there is a reason they are so cheap.

In the end, it is your bike, money, and life. Just don't buy a knockoff part and think you are getting the real deal and know that the failure of the part should not cause of you loosing control of your bike.
Well said guys.
post #26 of 28 Old 02-09-2017, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetiger View Post

The Chinese companies/products to be careful about are the ones that build to the lowest cost - that's why the parts are so cheap. The parts may look [sot of] like the real thing but there is a reason they are so cheap.

Exactly! There is a big difference in quality between a Chinese company that is owned by or contracted by another company to build stuff for them to THEIR specs and using their quality control processes, vs a private 3rd party Chinese company that copies designs from others and builds them as cheap as possible. I have no problem buying Alpinestars gear made in China because I know they meet the same specifications as the ones made in Italy. Likewise with many other products. But the ones that copy a design and make it look the same but using different materials and processes to cut costs....those are the ones that I don't trust.
Kojiiro likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (street bike)
2010 1198 (race bike, parted out across the country)
2006 CBR600 (street/track, sold)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike, future race bike hopefully)

Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 28 Old 02-09-2017, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Garage
China has such a bad reputation, because of dirty alloys. They put cheap metals in their castings, so their parts are weaker. ( lead )

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)
post #28 of 28 Old 02-14-2017, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Exactly! There is a big difference in quality between a Chinese company that is owned by or contracted by another company to build stuff for them to THEIR specs and using their quality control processes, vs a private 3rd party Chinese company that copies designs from others and builds them as cheap as possible. I have no problem buying Alpinestars gear made in China because I know they meet the same specifications as the ones made in Italy. Likewise with many other products. But the ones that copy a design and make it look the same but using different materials and processes to cut costs....those are the ones that I don't trust.
Agreed. Apple makes iPhones in Taiwan, they turn out to be drool worthy over quality worldwide. and as a Manufacturer myself, just like Jesse here ( except I didnt manufacture nothing for the R3 except the spools ) I have a sensitive touch for the finish and metal quality from which I can make out how well a component is made. I found out the Replica to be brilliantly made for the price it came for.

Speaking of Chinese components being cheap and stuff, hey! 1: The Ores and Raw Ingreds are cheap, thus cheaper metal than rest of the world. 2: Dirt cheap human resorces and labour, which makes their hourly machining and welfare cheaper than rest of the world. 3: Getting the product for a verified Motosports Manufactures diminishes the chances of the product failing/ breaking. Chinese are Humans too, they spend money on R&D more than rest of the world. Its just the vision of quality they lack because of their Communist Govt. begs to differ from world class Giants like brembo/ Ohlins etc etc.

P.S: I fit the M/C and the Clutch lever along with preload adjustors and boy they do perform better than I expected. 30% Improved Bite/Click Feel over stock. Althought They falsely named it as RCS 19, who cares its performing just like an RCS 15. Theres no Leaks and stuff. their banjo adapters and Bleed valves are brilliantly made. and they have specific brembo sized 6.35mm Brake Fluid Hose to keep it as close the real ones. Its just a matter of perspective how you look onto the chinese products. I agree their electonics are dumpster garbage, but I found their mechanicals to be equivalently good or close to the real ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page