User Tag List

12Likes

post #1 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Brembo RCS 19 Radial Master Cylinder

Hey,

So I got these Brembo RCS 19 Radial Master Cylinder Replicas from China. I was wondering how would I make provisions for the brake light switch in there. doesnt look like it was made for street use. Needed some technical advices on making the stock harness fitment possible on those. would be great help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15317872_1393108547390495_8682135906798318666_n.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	49113  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
You had me Chinese replica

2007 ZZR600 (street bike)
2010 1198 (race bike, parted out across the country)
2006 CBR600 (street/track, sold)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike, future race bike hopefully)

Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
I would say mount it to the harness in a trash can. There's only one front brake...why would you take such a big gamble on your life? It's your funeral.....
torrid_pace, cwick2000 and sbk1198 like this.

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #4 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Brembo makes a light switch for their Mc's. I am not sure about using a 19 though. A bit too big for the single rotor on the R3. You are going to have rock hard feel on that thing. The 15 already feels rally hard.
post #5 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiiro View Post
Brembo makes a light switch for their Mc's. I am not sure about using a 19 though. A bit too big for the single rotor on the R3. You are going to have rock hard feel on that thing. The 15 already feels rally hard.
This is not a BREMBO...this is a chinese knock off , maybe it works as a RCS13 or maybe as a RCS21
sbk1198 likes this.

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #6 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 09:05 PM

And by the looks of it wasn't made to have a light switch on it.

There are chinese parts I will buy to save money...like things that don't move...but a master cylinder would certainly not be on that list. Levers, foot pegs, random brackets and things like that, sure. I almost fell for it once when I saw a great deal on an Akrapovic exhaust. Like i'm talking about 30% of that they typically go for. But I figured it was too good to be true, and sure enough it was a chinese knockoff.
cwick2000 likes this.

2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)

Sponsors:
post #7 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
And by the looks of it wasn't made to have a light switch on it.

There are chinese parts I will buy to save money...like things that don't move...but a master cylinder would certainly not be on that list. Levers, foot pegs, random brackets and things like that, sure. I almost fell for it once when I saw a great deal on an Akrapovic exhaust. Like i'm talking about 30% of that they typically go for. But I figured it was too good to be true, and sure enough it was a chinese knockoff.

There was a thread about this in a local SoCal forum but here is he video in that thread. Don't buy Chinese levers!

post #8 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
There was a thread about this in a local SoCal forum but here is he video in that thread. Don't buy Chinese levers!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVGsyRztMG8
I have seen that video before, but I'm gonna say that was a freak incident. First off, that's the clip-on that broke, not the brake/clutch lever, and those are Honda OEM clip-ons. That's the surprising thing, because OEM clip-ons are usually very heavy and durable. If anything I'd expect an aftermarket one to break before an OEM does...so I'm going with freak accident on that one.

FWIW I've been rocking Chinese clutch/brake levers on my CBR500 since early last year with no issues at all. Got them for like $25-30 or so.

2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)

Sponsors:
post #9 of 28 Old 02-07-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
I have seen that video before, but I'm gonna say that was a freak incident. First off, that's the clip-on that broke, not the brake/clutch lever, and those are Honda OEM clip-ons. That's the surprising thing, because OEM clip-ons are usually very heavy and durable. If anything I'd expect an aftermarket one to break before an OEM does...so I'm going with freak accident on that one.

FWIW I've been rocking Chinese clutch/brake levers on my CBR500 since early last year with no issues at all. Got them for like $25-30 or so.
Are you sure they are oem? I believe that guy posted that they were knock offs in the socalsportbikes.org forum. Also, you would be surprised what happens to non moving items that undergo constant vibes. My brake reservoir, from China, broke for no apparent reason while I was in the canyons. Turns out, the vibes over hundreds of miles broke the cheap bracket that came with it.
post #10 of 28 Old 02-08-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Are you sure they are oem? I believe that guy posted that they were knock offs in the socalsportbikes.org forum. Also, you would be surprised what happens to non moving items that undergo constant vibes. My brake reservoir, from China, broke for no apparent reason while I was in the canyons. Turns out, the vibes over hundreds of miles broke the cheap bracket that came with it.
Yep, they're the OEM's. Unless he found Chinese ones that are a perfect replica of the ugly OEM ones. I had a CBR600 too and they looked the same as those in the video.

And yeah things can fatigue and break for sure...but clip-ons?? Don't see that very often. It looked like it broke at the attachment point which is not surprising, so it's possible he tightened the clamp on the bar way too much, which increased the stress on it in that spot, and it's also possible that he was putting a lot of weight on the bars during braking and acceleration and after so many stress cycles like that it gave up. But that's honestly the ONLY case I've ever seen or heard of someone breaking a clip-on without crashing.

2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)

Sponsors:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page