Halo For R3 - Page 3 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

15Likes

post #21 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 05:21 PM
r3-forums.com Vendor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
We've got another Yamaha Halo update for all you guys so take a seat! Before we get to the pictures I would like you all to take a look at the rendering above and take note of a big change we've made to these Halo's versus our Honda ones. The units will NOT be a single unit with everything built-in. We've taken a lot of suggestions and R&D time and have come up with a unit that is going to change the game - for us at least. In the simplest form, these Halos are completely customizable. We will start off with a basic electrical module that will be plug-and-play and have the signal LEDs only. From there you can choose what you want and change as you please. If you want a smoked lens with an orange halo glow - sure thing. If a few days later you decide to go with a smoked white halo - no problem, just buy the halo module from our website and change it as you wish. If you don't want the halo function at all and just want a simple, extremely flush, and super bright signal light - that will also be available on our website.

Now we have received the FIRST manufactured prototype of these Yamaha Halo signals and have fit them onto our R3. The pictures below are actual units that we have in our possession, however, they are still prototypes so keep that in mind. The signal LEDs on these units have been dimmed down as we simply do not need the level of brightness for the prototyping process and design approval. When the lights are on you will not be able to see the individual LEDs and the light will be evenly distributed across the entire unit.

Take a look at the pictures below and leave your thoughts/suggestions in the comments!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us, follow us, and share our products on
Your favorite Social Media Sites!!!

Last edited by TSTagent; 04-13-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSTagent View Post
Take a look at the pictures below and leave your thoughts/suggestions in the comments!
How do these look from the front? They look very flush or slightly below which means they wont be seen?
TSTagent and zdaman like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Want to be added?

Gear Up & Ride Safe!

Last edited by TSTagent; 04-14-2016 at 10:43 AM.
post #23 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Will you be offering these in a bundle deal with the fender eliminator etc?

post #24 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
What I want is additional turn signals in my rabbit ear mirrors ...
post #25 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
I will say they do look slick. The halo is a nice touch. With the led's off to the side, how is the light being thrown forward?
post #26 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I like how I'll have the ability to switch colors with the Halo module by just purchasing the Halo part instead of an entirely new signal set. I'm curious to see the price of the module and look forward to their release!
post #27 of 58 Old 04-13-2016, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
If you can make the led not show through the lens it be sweet....but for now the waiting game goes on

Sent from my HTC_0P9C2 using Tapatalk

Learning to Lean
post #28 of 58 Old 04-14-2016, 10:52 AM
r3-forums.com Vendor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
How do these look from the front? They look very flush or slightly below which means they wont be seen?
These signals are extremely bright and will be completely visible from the front. Stay tuned for a picture I will take later showing the view from straight on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1yeh View Post
Will you be offering these in a bundle deal with the fender eliminator etc?
Eventually we will have an entire makeover bundle including our integrated tail light, fender eliminator, halo signals, and LED Flasher Relay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
What I want is additional turn signals in my rabbit ear mirrors ...
Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaman View Post
I will say they do look slick. The halo is a nice touch. With the led's off to the side, how is the light being thrown forward?
The circuit board is angled forward and with the curvature of the lens + fairings, the light is dispersed in all directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyktion View Post
I like how I'll have the ability to switch colors with the Halo module by just purchasing the Halo part instead of an entirely new signal set. I'm curious to see the price of the module and look forward to their release!
Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan Vu View Post
If you can make the led not show through the lens it be sweet....but for now the waiting game goes on

Sent from my HTC_0P9C2 using Tapatalk
Like I mentioned previously, these are just a prototype so certain things are going to be changed without any second thoughts. Take a look at the following link to see how our current Honda signals look in their final phase.

https://tstindustries.com/HALO-1-Flu...2013-2016.html

Like us, follow us, and share our products on
Your favorite Social Media Sites!!!
post #29 of 58 Old 04-14-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Another comment compared to the Honda examples...

The Honda's appear to have the halo on the outside of the fairing (larger than the counterbore).

The Yamaha's in your prototype stage appear to be completely recessed into the counterbore (making them smaller).

Is this a correct observation? If so, I would think the halo on the outside of the fairings would be more visible? Not sure of your intent as maybe more folks are looking for smaller and more flush.

Nice job. I appreciate you as a company asking for input during the design stage.

Want to be added?

Gear Up & Ride Safe!
post #30 of 58 Old 04-14-2016, 12:54 PM
r3-forums.com Vendor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Another comment compared to the Honda examples...
Q: The Honda's appear to have the halo on the outside of the fairing (larger than the counterbore).
A: The Honda signal capsule sits inside the fairing well. It is not larger or external to the signal well.

Q: The Yamaha's in your prototype stage appear to be completely recessed into the counterbore (making them smaller).
A: They are not smaller or completely recessed in the well. They are designed with the same fit as the Honda ones. The Yamaha fairing well is smaller in size than Honda's well so the packaging of our Halo Signals has to be physically smaller. We are still going to use the same three 1W chips for signaling as we do in the Honda version. There will be no compromise on brightness.

Q: Is this a correct observation? If so, I would think the halo on the outside of the fairings would be more visible? Not sure of your intent as maybe more folks are looking for smaller and more flush.
A: The Halo is an accent light that will be filling in the outer perimeter of the lens where it meets the fairing. The 13+CBR600RR Halo was a big success and we basically wanted to take the same approach. Therefore the R3 Halos will look like a part of the fairing that is bumped out organically and lights up.

I believe my guys will be posting additional photos soon.
Capn Kirk likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page