Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Vegabond Fender Eliminator Installed

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  t-rav_12 
#1 · (Edited)
I installed the Vegabond Motorsports fender eliminator this afternoon.
It installed very easily and the fit is spot-on.
I did the turn signal and license plate wires a little different than they do in their installation video, I made a small loop using Velcro ties under the tray that's under the passenger seat, but other than that, I followed it to the letter.
In the installation video for the Graves Motorsports FE kit, they show you how to move a few electrical components around to get to the turn signal and license plate light wiring much easier.

I removed the Yamaha sticker from the front fender, the R3 sticker from the left side of the fairing, and the 320 stickers from the rear side covers. I don't like many graphics on my motorcycles.

I have a solo seat cowl and swingarm spools on order.

This is the R3's big brother. Yamaha makes some da*m fine motorcycles!

See less See more
#3 ·
Today I installed a Yoshimura eliminator. Reason I went with Yoshi is; my dealer told me that there needs to be a certain amount of separation between turn signals in order for bike to pass the inspection. I didn't want to risk anything and went with Y which has the greatest distant between signals.

#4 · (Edited)
"My dealer told me that there needs to be a certain amount of separation between turn signals in order for bike to pass the inspection."

Some states can really be a big PITA when it comes to stuff like that.
Can you pass inspection without any rear and side facing red reflectors?

The Yoshi fender eliminator is a very nice product. Heck, everything they make is pretty da*m nice!

#10 ·
I'm liking the Vagabond for $60. Looks like a great deal. One question about your pic: That area that looks like a vent, is that open to the underside of the passenger seat area? If so, couldn't water from the road get thrown in and mess with the electronics that are in there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.