2Likes

post #11 of 21 Old 02-10-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Best time to bu...

Now.
It's now.

So fellas I got it. Walked in there and it happened. Ended up brand new Black for $5900. This does include a both a rode side and tire/wheel service contract as well as a 3 year extended warranty. Skipped on the maintenance for now because part of getting this bike is I want to do a lot with my hands. I've seen an oil change/fluid change done and it seems doable. What do you guys think?

P.S. I am beyond excited. I took the MSF course last year and I made it a goal to get this bike and it has been achieved. Look forward to contributing to the community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 02-10-2016, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Congrats! Did you use Costco? When I used them on both my Ninja 650's I got both bikes at around $200 below MSRP out the door. I also got a $200 (or was it 250?) Costco gift card both times.

Not sure if you got a good deal, since with Costco its pretty cheap. What does your road side and tire/wheel service include? If its tire changes then that might be good, as some people charge quite a bit. I typically do 2 tire changes per year.

Oil/filter/fluid changes are pretty easy, as is alot of other regular maintenance.
post #13 of 21 Old 02-10-2016, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiiro View Post
Congrats! Did you use Costco? When I used them on both my Ninja 650's I got both bikes at around $200 below MSRP out the door. I also got a $200 (or was it 250?) Costco gift card both times.

Not sure if you got a good deal, since with Costco its pretty cheap. What does your road side and tire/wheel service include? If its tire changes then that might be good, as some people charge quite a bit. I typically do 2 tire changes per year.

Oil/filter/fluid changes are pretty easy, as is alot of other regular maintenance.
Thanks ! I did not go the Costco way though I did look into it. The road side includes being stranded, no fuel, mechanical issues etc. Free towing was emphasized quite a bit. The tire/wheel service covers free tire replacement if i should get a flat or nail or somehow damage the wheel.

post #14 of 21 Old 02-11-2016, 01:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Keep an eye out on craigslist, cycletrader and your local dealers websites, some times its not the time of year as much as how many units a dealer needs to unload. Sometimes large dealers get deals on bikes if they buy in volume and they blow them out with low mark up. My bike was on sale new for $3700, after all the BS set up fees and freight it was $4800 otd. Still a pretty good deal I think. They sold 3 of them in the 2 hours I was there. Fun bike center in San Diego 8 months ago.
post #15 of 21 Old 02-11-2016, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDR3 View Post
Keep an eye out on craigslist, cycletrader and your local dealers websites, some times its not the time of year as much as how many units a dealer needs to unload. Sometimes large dealers get deals on bikes if they buy in volume and they blow them out with low mark up. My bike was on sale new for $3700, after all the BS set up fees and freight it was $4800 otd. Still a pretty good deal I think. They sold 3 of them in the 2 hours I was there. Fun bike center in San Diego 8 months ago.
That is an awesome deal. Fun Bike usually is overpriced for the most part since they are such a large dealership.
post #16 of 21 Old 02-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_bygrace116 View Post
Thanks ! I did not go the Costco way though I did look into it. The road side includes being stranded, no fuel, mechanical issues etc. Free towing was emphasized quite a bit. The tire/wheel service covers free tire replacement if i should get a flat or nail or somehow damage the wheel.
I also purchased the extra wheel and tire protection but opted out of the roadside. Congrats on the purchase mate!

I sell propane and propane accessories.
post #17 of 21 Old 02-11-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiiMc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_bygrace116 View Post
I also purchased the extra wheel and tire protection but opted out of the roadside. Congrats on the purchase mate!
Thank you! Taking delivery tomorrow!!
post #18 of 21 Old 02-12-2016, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiiro View Post
That is an awesome deal. Fun Bike usually is overpriced for the most part since they are such a large dealership.
Yeah, normally they are. The original price they gave me OTD in October was $5,900. Was able to knock it down to about $4,500, probably could've gotten better pricing but I really wanted the bike.
post #19 of 21 Old 04-01-2016, 12:33 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
winter time will be best time to purchase the bike.
post #20 of 21 Old 04-01-2016, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
The best time to buy is when you have ALL the cash burning a hole in your pocket.

Never finance a Toy.

I blame the Internet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page