6Likes

post #21 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
First, did you read any customer reviews on Woods before trying to deal with them ? The last time I considered getting a bike from Woods the ratings were so bad that I didn't feel I could trust them. I just checked on Yelp and they still get awful reviews.

Second, there are many good and honest motorcycle dealers everywhere. Some are terrible, some are wonderful, and most fall somewhere in the middle- buyer beware. Austin City Powersports is a great place to get work done- they do not sell new bikes but they are very honest and competent on service work.

Third, from what I can see in the pics you posted, the scrape on the muffler doesn't look too bad ( maybe it is worse that the pics show . . . ) - if it was my bike I would just spray some hi-temp black paint on it and forget it. The more times you go back to Woods to get things done- the more frustrated you will become.

Lastly, nice bike- have fun with it !
Yeah, it was my bad for not doing more research on Woods before choosing them. But honestly, when I was searching for an R3 dealer, they were the only ones who came up in Austin. But I guess I failed search school on that one.

It wasn't till after I bought the bike that my friends started telling me stories about them. Haha (Thanks friends!)

... **** this is going to hurt.
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 (Raven)
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale (Arctic White Silk)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Yeah, it was my bad for not doing more research on Woods before choosing them. But honestly, when I was searching for an R3 dealer, they were the only ones who came up in Austin. But I guess I failed search school on that one.

It wasn't till after I bought the bike that my friends started telling me stories about them. Haha (Thanks friends!)

Unfortunately Woods owns two of your three closest dealerships. Central Texas Powersports is in Georgetown, and I don't know anything about them. A few years ago there was a well respected dealer in central Austin and they retired and closed up shop, and Austin City Powersports on Stassney took over much of their service work. I don't know what part of Austin you live in, but it looks like San Antonio or Georgetown have your two closest non-Woods dealerships.

On the bright side the 130 toll road that goes to San Antonio is a good place to exercise the bike- 85 mph speed limit from Creedmoor to I-10 and the traffic averages 90 . . . .
post #23 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Here is a picture from when I picked up the bike Wednesday morning. If you zoom in on the muffler, the scrape/scuff is clear as day.
Awwwww man. I thought you said the scuff was on the BOTTOM of the bike.
( As in: the CAT unit under the bike! )

Yeah, that scuff did not happen from a loading ramp. No idea how that one happened. It's not bad at all. Get some flat-black hi-temp spray paint and touch it up yourself. It's hardly noticeable. Don't be too picky about it. It's a motorcycle, after all.

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)

post #24 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 06:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Don't feel bad.
I researched ALL the dealers within a 500 mile radius of me, and NONE of them were any good! They ALL had many bad reviews and lots of complaints from customers. I'm talking 30 dealers or more. I hate dealerships.
msdss likes this.

post #25 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRider View Post
They're probably going to just swap it with the new bike they get it. You're not really going to get that good of sound or performance from a slip on exhaust on a 320cc parallel twin. Take it back and swap it if it bothers you that much. There's much better things to spend money on than an exhaust IMO
Normally, I would totally agree with you.
BUT... I went ahead and got a Graves slip-on unit for my R3, because I really liked the way it looked. It's a really NICE muffler! Top-quality, fits perfectly. It looks GREAT, but it also made the engine sound better, and it's much lighter than the stock unit. So it's a win-win-win deal for me! True, you don't get anymore "power" with it, but all the other benefits easily justify the price. The exhaust sound is louder and "deeper". I LIKE it! Best of all, you don't need a fuel-controller, like you do with a full-exhaust system.

post #26 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
Normally, I would totally agree with you.
BUT... I went ahead and got a Graves slip-on unit for my R3, because I really liked the way it looked. It's a really NICE muffler! Top-quality, fits perfectly. It looks GREAT, but it also made the engine sound better, and it's much lighter than the stock unit. So it's a win-win-win deal for me! True, you don't get anymore "power" with it, but all the other benefits easily justify the price. The exhaust sound is louder and "deeper". I LIKE it! Best of all, you don't need a fuel-controller, like you do with a full-exhaust system.
To each their own. I won't have an r3 until the 2016's get in by me or I sell my super tenere es. whatever comes first. Better brakes and buying this https://yshop.yamaha-motor.com.au/pr...rear-carrier-8
from Australia since that's the only play Yamaha will sell them for some reason with a box is about my extent of mods I'm planning.

2016 r3-blue
2014 super tenere es-gone
2012 street triple r-sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
Do you honestly believe once the bike leaves the freight truck, it never gets moved around? Bikes are constantly moved. Sometimes several times in one day. New bikes get un-crated, and they all filter through the service department for PDI. Some of them get transported in trucks or trailers before they are sold. They can be moved from one dealer to another dealer. The "loading dock" is only one small step in their long journey to your garage.
I was merely disputing your comment of saying that is probably how it happened.

In regards to later comments on this thread, I have purchased two bikes from Woods. I received a decent price on the first one and a more than fair price (as in when I tell people they tend to tell me it was a good price, because it was) on my second one. I recommend them, at least, I recommend Brandon there highly. Maybe it's different if you're dealing with the Japanese side. They kind of separate the salesman between Triumph/Daytona and the rest of their bikes.
post #28 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 11:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyality View Post
I was merely disputing your comment of saying that is probably how it happened.
After seeing the picture of the scuff, It is most likely not from a loading ramp. Something else bumped into it.

post #29 of 35 Old 04-11-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
I washed the bike this weekend. It's not even a scuff, it's down to the metal, and looking partially rusted. WTF? Going to cover it in high temp paint to keep it from getting worse.

Funny bit: Woods offered me another muffler they had, but it had a big ding in it. Hehe.

... **** this is going to hurt.
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 (Raven)
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale (Arctic White Silk)
post #30 of 35 Old 04-11-2016, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
I'm going in to trade my bike and order a 2016 from cent tx power sports Wednesday. I really wanted to test ride the bike first but I guess I'm going in completely blind like usual since they sold the one I was going to test ride in the last 5 days

2016 r3-blue
2014 super tenere es-gone
2012 street triple r-sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TexasRider; 04-11-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page