User Tag List

6Likes

post #1 of 35 Old 04-04-2016, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
Woods Fun Center in Austin

Long story short, I got a better offer from another dealer, but it was several cities away. Woods beat their deal, but didn't have the inventory. They promised a Tuesday delivery. I got a text today saying the warehouse was closed, so they couldn't get the bike, and that they had no ETA on when they would even be able to get the bike to Austin.

They already had me sign all of the papers. I stupidly didn't think it was going to be an issue. One of the papers in particular said no refunds or returns.

Am I just at their mercy until they happen to get a bike in? If they can't get me the bike, or even an ETA on when it will arrive, do I have any right to back out of the deal?

The paper I signed clearly stated no refunds or returns, but isn't that on the condition that they actual give me something to return?

Normally, I would just be patient and wait, but due to life circumstances, I really need this bike asap, and this whole buying process has been dragged out for about a month now, and I am sick of dealing with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
After it all, my final thoughts on Woods...

Pro's:
- They sold me a motorcycle.
- The salesperson, Becky, was really nice to me and would correspond frequently to my questions via text message.

Con's:
- The sales manager (Troy?) was very cold. Was not very friendly at all, and disappeared in the middle of me signing my papers. I waited an hour after I had signed the initial papers for him to come back with my copies.
- They tried to charge me brand new R3 prices, for a year old R3 with heavy wear and tear, no warranty, and nearly 10,000 miles on the OD.
- They charged me for assembly, when they got the bike from another dealership who had already assembled the bike.
- The bike was late in arriving, supposedly because the dealership they got it from was closed on Monday (huh?).
- They charged me higher than average prices for the bike.
- They offered to sell me a 2016 for nearly $2,000 over MSRP.
- The first service was not complimentary, instead it is nearly $300 (shocked at this, but apparently no one does?)
- The guy slanging helmets was not very knowledgable on sizes or fitment.
- They only had about 6 shoes for sale
- They had no leather jackets to speak of. Only textile. (Thankfully Ducatti is next door and have some really nice gear and Revzilla prices)

--- Go somewhere else, if you can. Unfortunately this was the only place in Austin that had R3s. =/

... **** this is going to hurt.
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 (Raven)
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale (Arctic White Silk)

Last edited by msdss; 04-07-2016 at 06:28 PM.
post #3 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
So you bought a USED R3 with 10,000 miles on it from a DEALER?

Welcome to OUR world. Dealerships SUCK!
I have dealt with a bunch of them over the years, and not ONE of them was honest. Not ONE!
It's a scumbag business, unfortunately. To change it, the manufacturers are going to have to completely change how they supply and warranty their products. Because the current "system" isn't working at all. It's just an open door for con-artists to prey on the consumers. And that's pretty much all they ever do.

Reform will need to happen on the manufacturing level. Companies like Honda and Yamaha will have to PULL their franchises away from these shyster families who control them now, and replace dealerships with their own facilities where people just "work" for the manufacturing companies. Motorcycle dealership owners are too greedy, and too corrupt. The consumers suffer because of it.
Riding is fun... dealing with a motorcycle dealership is NOT fun.

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)

post #4 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Nah, I bought a brand new bike for a few hundred more than what they were trying to sell the used and abused one for. Con artists.

I agree completely though, I can't stand dealerships. Cars, trucks, bikes, it doesn't matter.

Also, I just found out there is a huge scrape on the bottom of the muffler. I looked back at the pictures I took when it was in the show room, and they were there also. I showed the pictures to my salesperson, I'll give you one guess on which way they'll go on that one... /sigh

... **** this is going to hurt.
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 (Raven)
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale (Arctic White Silk)
post #5 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Garage
You know, Tesla tried to do just that (direct customer sales) and have run into a wall.
Not all dealerships (bike or auto) are bad - but there are certainly dealerships I will not give my business to.

USBA/WERA Ex. #296
Perpetual back-marker

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spears Racing
post #6 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 09:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirz View Post
1.) You know, Tesla tried to do just that (direct customer sales) and have run into a wall.
2.) Not all dealerships (bike or auto) are bad - but there are certainly dealerships I will not give my business to.
1. - I am interested to know more about that.

2. - True, but an honest moto dealership is about as rare as a purple unicorn eating a 4-leaf clover out of the hand of a naked leprechaun.

post #7 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 09:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
1. ) Nah, I bought a brand new bike for a few hundred more than what they were trying to sell the used and abused one for. Con artists.

2. ) Also, I just found out there is a huge scrape on the bottom of the muffler.
1. - Yup, they do that. They want just as much for a beater, as a new one costs. Because they actually want you to buy the NEW one. Remember what I said about the "profit-margin" on new bikes!

2. - Just get some flat-black hi-temp spray paint and touch it up. Nobody will notice it anyway. The bottom gets scraped up because they loaded/unloaded it with a ramp that had too much angle. Happens all the time with sportbikes. Sportbikes have lower ground clearance. Never happens with motocross bikes.

post #8 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
1. - I am interested to know more about that.
Sorry, off-topic, but here you go:
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blog...st-about-tesla
Google Tesla direct sales ban for more.

USBA/WERA Ex. #296
Perpetual back-marker

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spears Racing
post #9 of 35 Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Also, I just found out there is a huge scrape on the bottom of the muffler.
Both my bar ends were scraped down to the metal. On both sides, same thing. Looked at pictures at the dealer it was already all scratched up. That is the only reason I bothered replacing them. They try to be careful but with bikes everywhere and people messing with them, they definitely take some licks before they get to you sometimes.

I think some kind of shipping straps wore all the paint of my bar ends, too much heavy paint was gone and it was all smooth. Same on both sides.

Last edited by Bird; 04-07-2016 at 10:46 PM.
post #10 of 35 Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
1. - Yup, they do that. They want just as much for a beater, as a new one costs. Because they actually want you to buy the NEW one. Remember what I said about the "profit-margin" on new bikes!

2. - Just get some flat-black hi-temp spray paint and touch it up. Nobody will notice it anyway. The bottom gets scraped up because they loaded/unloaded it with a ramp that had too much angle. Happens all the time with sportbikes. Sportbikes have lower ground clearance. Never happens with motocross bikes.
Doubt it on this one. Woods has a loading/unloading dock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page