DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE in Boston Area? - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

15Likes

post #11 of 59 Old 04-18-2016, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Ah, another Ma member! I'm telling yall. I got my Matte Grey '16 for a nice price... Lemme know when yall are ready. It was $5400 with taxes and everything.

Besides the R3,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 Old 04-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Garage
That's awesome.
I have some cash coming in late May/early June. I'll be looking to buy with cash in hand by the second week of June.
Can't wait
post #13 of 59 Old 04-18-2016, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AesonVirus View Post
That's awesome.
I have some cash coming in late May/early June. I'll be looking to buy with cash in hand by the second week of June.
Can't wait

Haha! Totally agree with you @AesonVirus ! Group buy of Matte Grays
Thanks @Chad for offering to help out. $5400 OTD is a good deal for sure! Me and my buddy are trying to find a dealer who would store our bikes during winter (preferably for free )

2016 Ducati 959 Panigale AWS
YZF-R3 2016 Matte Gray (sold)

post #14 of 59 Old 04-20-2016, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
First Post and Hi's !

Did any of you guys in MA have to wait for the bike? How does dealership inventories for 2016 look like?

So stoked to get one, I know the wait will be eating me alive
post #15 of 59 Old 04-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by absessive View Post
Did any of you guys in MA have to wait for the bike? How does dealership inventories for 2016 look like?

So stoked to get one, I know the wait will be eating me alive
I've only been to Auburn and Shrewsbury so far but both shops still only have 15's in stock.
A very unfriendly individual with a clear lack of customer service experience in Auburn told me that he refuses to order a 16 until all 15's are sold. I told him that I wanted a Gray one which is only available in the 16 model and he didn't care. He told me to buy a 15... "It's the same exact thing"

I left.
post #16 of 59 Old 04-20-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE in Boston Area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AesonVirus View Post
I've only been to Auburn and Shrewsbury so far but both shops still only have 15's in stock.

A very unfriendly individual with a clear lack of customer service experience in Auburn told me that he refuses to order a 16 until all 15's are sold. I told him that I wanted a Gray one which is only available in the 16 model and he didn't care. He told me to buy a 15... "It's the same exact thing"

I left.

It's ridiculous how some of these dealers are in business with clear lack of service.. I've been reading up on a few other folks who have had bad experiences with dealers (like dealer not caring to come talk to you) If they aren't keen on selling, just go elsewhere. Thanks to this forum and fellow members for sharing your experience.. Makes it a a lot easier for new riders like me to shortlist dealers who are worth 'dealing with' and won't take you for a ride

post #17 of 59 Old 04-20-2016, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
I was just told 2 matte Grey's are coming into a dealer next month

Besides the R3,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 59 Old 04-23-2016, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Very naive question but I thought OTD price included all taxes, etc (sales tax). The dealer said that we will have to go to the RMV and pay the taxes there. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #19 of 59 Old 04-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Ah, another Ma member! I'm telling yall. I got my Matte Grey '16 for a nice price... Lemme know when yall are ready. It was $5400 with taxes and everything.
Chad said he paid $5400 with everything included.
OTD typically means, registered, insured, ready to ride away with no further expense

My guess was that his dealer did enough volume that they were able to not charge the destination (freight) fee and doc fees. That was just my guess though.

Here's what Auburn charges
Bike- $4990
Freight- $407
Doc fee- $99.95
Total before taxes- $5496.95
Total with taxes- $ $5840.50

Last edited by AesonVirus; 04-23-2016 at 01:59 PM.
post #20 of 59 Old 04-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaypan View Post
Very naive question but I thought OTD price included all taxes, etc (sales tax). The dealer said that we will have to go to the RMV and pay the taxes there. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To answer your question though, it depends...
If you are just buying the bike and taking it home on a trailer or in the back of the truck, you simply pay the price of the bike. Taxes will not be paid until you go to register the bike. This is why we can't go to NH, buy the bike there and bring it home to save on taxes. They're paid when you register at the RMV.
If you plan on having the dealership register the bike for you, taxes are paid then and there, and it becomes part of the OTD price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page