DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE in Boston Area? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

15Likes

post #1 of 59 Old 04-11-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE in Boston Area?

Any recommended dealers around Massachusetts or New Hampshire for R3s with new inventory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 04-11-2016, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I went to 2 dealerships when I was looking for my R3. Parkway Cycles in Everett - nice group of guys but can be a little pushy - can sometimes work with you on price but not much

I ended up buying my R3 from Cycle Designs in Phillipston- it's a good 80 miles from Boston but the trip up there is nice and the people there are just plain awesome , follow up calls and emails to make sure everything was good- they even stored my bike there for the winter free of charge

Check out their website
http://www.cycledesignonline.com/m_default.asp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 59 Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I purchased mine R3 from Cycles128 in Beverly. Not too bad of an experience. The thing I learned from this (first motor vehicle purchase) is go in educated. Don't rely on the sales person to do that. Know what you want/need before stepping in because you may just get caught up. But like -furbz- I also checked out Parkway Cycles early in my search and they were very cool over there. As far as recommendations I'd say visit 2-3 dealers and get an idea of what your working with in terms of sales people and environment. In other words feel it out for yourself!!

Romans 1:16

post #4 of 59 Old 04-12-2016, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I was thinking about checking out 2-3 places as well. I have a friend who is also looking into getting one at the same time so it's going to be 2 sales (hoping we can get a better discount). Also, the other thing would be the inventory. I think the new matte grey 2016 looks sick! If that's not available then blue followed by red . As furbz mentioned, winter storage for free would be a nice perk to have since I don't have an indoor garage.
Also, when negotiating the price, do you negotiate the OTD price or just the bike and other fees are added upon later?
I am scared that once I agree to a price, they will then add the other fees to the agreed price which would mean adding additional $500-$800. Any feedback on that folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ducati 959 Panigale AWS
YZF-R3 2016 Matte Gray (sold)
post #5 of 59 Old 04-12-2016, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Get the OTD price for sure, that's the msrp with all of the added bs fees combined. It doesn't hurt to call around and get the price from a bunch of locations, that way you can say you got a lower price at so-and-so dealer and use that to your advantage. Like you said, buying 2 at a time should help get the price down as well, or at least give you leverage to talk about free winter storage or even your first service for free. You aren't agreeing on the price until your John Hancock is on the paper work, and one thing to keep in mind if you plan to finance is to never discuss a monthly payment figure, always negotiate the final price. If you don't have a problem with traveling a little further I would suggest hopping over the border to NH where there is no sales tax
aaypan likes this.

I sell propane and propane accessories.
post #6 of 59 Old 04-12-2016, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiiMc View Post
Get the OTD price for sure, that's the msrp with all of the added bs fees combined. It doesn't hurt to call around and get the price from a bunch of locations, that way you can say you got a lower price at so-and-so dealer and use that to your advantage. Like you said, buying 2 at a time should help get the price down as well, or at least give you leverage to talk about free winter storage or even your first service for free. You aren't agreeing on the price until your John Hancock is on the paper work, and one thing to keep in mind if you plan to finance is to never discuss a monthly payment figure, always negotiate the final price. If you don't have a problem with traveling a little further I would suggest hopping over the border to NH where there is no sales tax

Appreciate the feedback. Yeah, me and my buddy will start shopping around soon.
We're both looking for the 2016 matte grey finish .
I was looking into NH option but I will have to pay the tax during registration (unless i have it registered in NH for 6 months).

2016 Ducati 959 Panigale AWS
YZF-R3 2016 Matte Gray (sold)
post #7 of 59 Old 04-13-2016, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I thought about NH as well but yeah MA will hit you with those taxes once you get it registered. Other than that the important points were hit. Talk OTD for sure and don't let the excitement get in the way haha.

Where in MA do you reside?
post #8 of 59 Old 04-13-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_bygrace116 View Post
I thought about NH as well but yeah MA will hit you with those taxes once you get it registered. Other than that the important points were hit. Talk OTD for sure and don't let the excitement get in the way haha.

Where in MA do you reside?
Good point! I'll make sure to play it cool
I live in Marlborough
post #9 of 59 Old 04-18-2016, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaypan View Post
Good point! I'll make sure to play it cool
I live in Marlborough
I can't respond to your PM yet till my post count is higher... so here I am replying to get it higher... . You'll have a PM soon.

Besides the R3,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 59 Old 04-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaypan View Post
Appreciate the feedback. Yeah, me and my buddy will start shopping around soon.
We're both looking for the 2016 matte grey finish .
I'm going to be looking for a 2016 Matte Gray soon as well.
We may have enough to possibly talk "Group Buy" LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page