SAN DIEGO HWY 94 RIDE THIS SUNDAY Kojirro's last ride in the US. - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

post #1 of 15 Old 12-04-2015, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
SAN DIEGO HWY 94 RIDE THIS SUNDAY Kojirro's last ride in the US.

Hi Everyone, We've been trying to put together a San Diego R3 ride for a while and this Sunday is it! Kojirro Is moving to Japan and this is probably his last ride in San Diego. Kojirro has helped me out alot with my bike and we've been on a few rides together. Hopefully we can get everyone together for this ride. I'm sure there will be posts about it, so keep an eye out for the Ride this Sunday around 8:30 or 9:00 HWY 94.
Kojiiro and Henry Little like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-05-2015, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Thanks for covering that brother! I was going to ask you to post earlier, since A) my battery to my phone was dying while texting you and everyone else, and 2) we went out and had mediocre Viet Namese food across the street.

But yeah for anyone interested, the ride details are as follows

Meetup at 2295 Otay Lakes Rd., #116 , Eastlake Village Marketplace, Chula Vista, CA 91915-1160 0830-0900.

KSU 0900-0915.

Ride to Potrero market, take a break, ride up to the gas station. We can then grab some lunch and turn around, or keep riding a bit if time permits.

Ride your own ride, dont ride beyond your skill level to keep up with anyone else.

Wear all the gear you have.

I have some of my non-R3 community friends coming along, and feel free to bring anyone. A good time to ride, talk bikes, canyons, track, or whatever and meet some cool peeps.
Henry Little likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 12-05-2015, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
see yall there

post #4 of 15 Old 12-05-2015, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Wish I could go but I am in New York. Have a good ride tomorrow!

That is a big move-Japan! Not sure if you & your kids have been in the States all your lives and if your wife is 1st, 2nd, etc Gen Japanese, but good luck. Should be a fun & interesting adventure and new chapter to your life. Go to Ueno if you haven't been there-Tokyo's bike district. Wonder if you can still ride 2 stroke NSRs on the street in Japan. I am half Japanese but a born & bred NYer. I do have lots of family in Japan though. Have a good move Kojiiro & hopefully no matter where you are on the globe, you stay a part of the R3 forums!
post #5 of 15 Old 12-05-2015, 08:23 PM

I've been overseas for 10 years straight. This is my first tour stateside in my 14 years of the military.

I've been to Ueno, once to visit the zoo, and another time when I fell asleep drunk on a train from Shibuya and supposed to head back towards Yokosuka, but somehow ended up on a completely different train line, in the opposit direction. Ueno isn't even on the same loop lol.

I'll probably stay on the R3 forums. I still frequent my other bike forum even though I don't own that bike anymore.

Honestly I was looking forward for Honda to release their lightweight supersport but I don't think they will, at least not till 2017.
Henry Little likes this.

Last edited by Kojiiro; 12-05-2015 at 08:27 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-05-2015, 08:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Oh cool man. I'm ex military. Spent 8 years in the Army as Active Duty from 96-04. I was a 19kilo which I loved but it was hard. I coukdve done something more in line with ny career but want to do something hardcore in the combat arms. Now its a different PC animal. I'm all for strong women and equality but not wholesale for everything under the sun. It is ridiculous. So glad I'm out. It's going ti be a clusterfuck. They though sexual harassment, adultery, pregnanices, QMPs, Courts-Martials, rapes, etc were bad before in the military? Pffft, watch what happens now.

Yeah, that concept Honda superlight sport bike is utterly sick. The CBR3 and Ninja 300 are very nice bikes but Yamaha upped the ante with the R3. I'm thinking Honda will refine the class and bring it along further with their next iteration, but I am thnking it is going to be a higher price point. Maybe they could even do a 3-400 V-twin? We'll see.

I love NY but it is a bummer when its cold & you want to ride. Wish I could go hit the PCH right now!

Please post pics from tomorrow's ride!
post #7 of 15 Old 12-06-2015, 06:39 PM

Good riding with SDR3 and Henry. Fun times.

Kanji, I don't think anyone took pics lol. Everyone was anxious to ride. I'm going to check the motorfoto.us website later. I know Doug got a few pics of th group.
Henry Little likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-10-2015, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
baller ass ride. even went offroading =)
post #9 of 15 Old 12-10-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiiro View Post
Good riding with SDR3 and Henry. Fun times.

Kanji, I don't think anyone took pics lol. Everyone was anxious to ride. I'm going to check the motorfoto.us website later. I known Doug got a few pics of the group.
Aw man! Well glad it was a good ride. I know you SDers have perfect weather which we don't in NY but it was almost 60 today in NYC!

But no pics! Memories.....

Have a safe move dude. Better get ready for nihongo. Nan desu ka?
post #10 of 15 Old 12-11-2015, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
It was a good ride, We went from 70 degrees in San Diego up to the Laguna Mountains and there was still some snow on the side of the road. The ride was longer than usual, over 200 miles, but it always feels good to just get out in the winding mountain roads and just forget about everything and enjoy the ride. Its a good way to unwind. Good to meet Henry. Hope he liked the ride. We have to do another one soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page