Doc-Ram 2016 R3 race build - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

85Likes

post #11 of 158 Old 05-27-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Got some more progress ...upper and front fender mounted, pretty straight forward. Just took my time to line everything up first, then drill. The holes I went up in diameter step by step so I dont make them too large.

Used the same mounting grommets/bushings for the front fender.

I am impressed with the hole alignments right out of the box for Armor Bodies bodywork. They are flexible and makes the fitting a breeze. The rear tail....thats another story. I still cant get the seat installed, so I'll get the dremmel out :laugh

Edit: Forgot to add: I used the stock windscreen as is, didn't need any modification or trimming with the armor bodies bodywork
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 158 Old 05-27-2016, 07:20 PM
r3-forums.com Vendor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
one more paint scheme

I like that last scheme, pretty sweet. I ended up cutting off 4 brackets from the subframe to make it easier to get the tail on and off (after cracking my tail section, I had enough).

The Hotbodies tail has 2 relief cuts to get the seat on and off, so I assume you will have to do something similar.

Good to see photos of the Armor bodies bodywork. It looks like the Hotbodies race seat/tank cover will work fine with it if you ever want the seat higher.
Charles618 likes this.

Cheers,
Jesse

Follow my build and racing at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The most complete resource for information and race parts for the Yamaha R3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 158 Old 05-27-2016, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluetooth View Post
I like that last scheme, pretty sweet. I ended up cutting off 4 brackets from the subframe to make it easier to get the tail on and off (after cracking my tail section, I had enough).

The Hotbodies tail has 2 relief cuts to get the seat on and off, so I assume you will have to do something similar.

Good to see photos of the Armor bodies bodywork. It looks like the Hotbodies race seat/tank cover will work fine with it if you ever want the seat higher.
Wish I had a grinder to cut that mount off as well, but do I need it if I use my stock seat?

I'm going to dremmel out that cut out like the Hotbodies tail kit to make the seat mounting real easy.

Replied to your email regarding the Hotbodies....

post #14 of 158 Old 05-27-2016, 08:37 PM
r3-forums.com Vendor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
There are 2 large brackets that are used to mount the OEM passenger seat, I cut those off, and there are 2 smaller tabs closer to the front of the bike that are used to mount the OEM plastic side pieces of the tail, I cut those off too.
Jesse

Cheers,
Jesse

Follow my build and racing at

The most complete resource for information and race parts for the Yamaha R3.

post #15 of 158 Old 05-28-2016, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Installed the Woodcraft case cover and frame sliders from #BauceRacing ..Ant

Lots more work TBD
post #16 of 158 Old 05-28-2016, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluetooth View Post
There are 2 large brackets that are used to mount the OEM passenger seat, I cut those off, and there are 2 smaller tabs closer to the front of the bike that are used to mount the OEM plastic side pieces of the tail, I cut those off too.
Jesse
I'm getting better at mounting the tail with more practice I'm getting. I've mounted/dismounted the tail >10 times now for whatever reasons (too many to list).

I did also dremmel the tail so I dont have to worry about the seat mounting, that works great now
post #17 of 158 Old 05-29-2016, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Garage
How flexible are the Armour Bodies? I found the Catalyst Composites I have ate super stiff.

Like me on Facebook at

post #18 of 158 Old 05-29-2016, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalview View Post
How flexible are the Armour Bodies? I found the Catalyst Composites I have ate super stiff.
Flexible enough for me not to grind off the OEM rear seat mount

I've owned Armor bodies on all my R6 before, this set was no different. Flexible enough to be mounted but not soft and weak.

I had to remove the kick stand to mount the lowers , I wanted to keep the kick stand on for track days
post #19 of 158 Old 05-29-2016, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I have the Armor Bodies kit also, but it has a differently designed tail. Its 2 pieces and super easy to install. Ill get a picture when I get a chance

Dave
CMRA Expert #810
post #20 of 158 Old 05-29-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav810 View Post
I have the Armor Bodies kit also, but it has a differently designed tail. Its 2 pieces and super easy to install. Ill get a picture when I get a chance
What....I got a single piece tail

Please do post the picture....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page