• 1 Post By AustinXonXfire
  • 1 Post By Deddie

post #1 of 6 Old 09-11-2016, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Smog Block Off Plate

I have this smog block off plate on its way. I have found install videos to try and help me get through it and they seem simple enough to do, but they are vids of people a bit more experienced in pulling bikes apart. Is it simple enough for someone not as mechanically inclined but can service and fix basic things? Wondering if I should just book it in to have done for me before pulling it apart and getting aggressive at it when things dont go as planned lol.

Youtube -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Motovlogs and Riding Videos on the R3.

Website -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website for jthomas1310 find all of my content here.

Facebook -
- Stay up to date with my latest R3 videos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-11-2016, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
I think you'll be fine if you are good at servicing and fixing basic stuff. All you're really doing is taking the fairings off and a few bits - nothing very complicated from what I can remember. I think if you look at the youtube video from sportbike track gear, they had a good video on it.

post #3 of 6 Old 09-12-2016, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebirdR3 View Post
I think you'll be fine if you are good at servicing and fixing basic stuff. All you're really doing is taking the fairings off and a few bits - nothing very complicated from what I can remember. I think if you look at the youtube video from sportbike track gear, they had a good video on it.
Cheers. Will check their one out.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
If you haven't already done it yet, I'd say to go ahead and do it.
I JUST installed it yesterday afternoon and also replace my sparkplugs. Took exactly 1.5 hours.

Watch that video that BlueBirdR3 mentioned.... I watched it once, last week, and understood/memorized it enough to do it on my own without reference. BUT as I watched the video, I was understanding everything 100% and I've been working on stuff for almost 10 years.

Don't forget to put a little spit on the rubber grommets that the plastic nipples go into������

Best of luck, message if you need any help!
jthomas1310 likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-26-2016, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
The how to on YamahaR3racing.com guided me through this - and I am intermediate at best on mechanical stuff. You can do it.
jthomas1310 likes this.

2016 Yamaha R3 (Race bike #1)
2015 Yamaha R3 (Race bike #2)
2014 Triumph Street Triple R (CA street bike)
2013 Suzuki GSXR600 (CA track bike)
post #6 of 6 Old 12-26-2016, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Easy to do!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page