• 1 Post By cwick2000
  • 1 Post By Rockerphotographer

post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bad crash and rebuild

hey everyone! some guy cut me off and i hit him
in the side. i was going 50 and hit him because he turned from the wrong lane with no signal.

trashed my bike, broke my finger, and knocked me out (thank christ i spent the money on a good helmet) i'll post links to before the wreck, after, and after the rebuild has been mostly finished. if anyone has any technical questions about repairs or mods, i'm happy to help any way i can.

all I need now is some nicer hardware, a master cylinder (r6 conversion), a front wheel, a slider ,and some little bits here and there. i'll have her up and going within two months or so.

Please stay safe out there. head on a swivel. expect everyone to ignore that you exist.

before wreck http://imgur.com/de62gRW

after wreck http://imgur.com/2IKuzHp http://imgur.com/1YXbWpe

rebuild mostly finished. able to start engine. http://imgur.com/DKC4NWo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-17-2017, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Rebuild looks really good. How long did it take?
johjoh likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-17-2017, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Looked and sounded nasty. Glad you're ok. You have good style too. Both builds look great.
johjoh likes this.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-19-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ty ^_^ it's taken awhile because of temporary budget issues. if i had the parts it would have been done five or six days later at most
post #5 of 5 Old 01-21-2017, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Welcome to the crash + broken bone club. Glad you're ok and made it out relatively unscratched. Bike looks like it took the brunt of it. Rebuild looks amazing. Hopefully insurance takes care of it. People really suck at driving now. One thing I make sure I do not do - sit back and just off the rear of a vehicle which is obviously the notorious blind spot. I try to avoid sitting there beyond a second or two. I am a big proponent and advocate for better instruction, and harder exams and testing. The exam and road test are a joke. These soccer Moms in gargantuan SUVs chatting on the cell phone is wrong as two squirrels fucking on a hot tin roof.

Make sure you get a settlement from the insurance company if it was his fault. I am not about exorbitant settlements or greed, but parts, your bike, helmet damage, distress, pain, and future physical ramifications derived from it are very real and a concern. It should be taken seriously I got hit on my mountain bike and cursed the people out to get the eff away from me, and didn't get it reported or memorialized. I wasn't about to get an ambulance chaser but I should have gotten a police report, etc. I got into a motorcycle accident, and got a little bit, but had I got an attorney, and paid, obviously, I would have gotten probably 20 times as much. I believe in righting negligence, stupidity, accidents, etc but think some of these astronomical figures in our crazy litigious society are wrong. We all pay for it.

Bikers are a special group because for the most part they are locked in and do not take things for granted; one is almost forced to. Johnnny and Suzie Homemaker usually have their heads in the clouds and forget they're behind 4000 pounds of weaponized steel and have other lives in the balance around them. I do not condone doing it, since you never know who is out there on the road these days, but if I see someone **** up, you can bet I let them know in a memorable way. :-) Nothing too obnoxious or rude. But I'll punch a window or curse out a moron or two. Allegedly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page