post #51 of 59 Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
You need to post in the Female riders thread

They'd be all over you.
Post pics first. Make sure you get that 180 tire kit too. Then then girls will really be all over you.
Ruby likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 Old 10-18-2016, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Cool little bikes but it ain't a bike I'd be buying to impress the girls with tho...especially if you pull up and then have a loud thou roll up next to you 😂

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
post #53 of 59 Old 10-19-2016, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadVR46 View Post
Cool little bikes but it ain't a bike I'd be buying to impress the girls with tho...especially if you pull up and then have a loud thou roll up next to you 😂

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Wasn't sure if you caught the sarcasm but I definitely would never buy a bike to impress anyone lol. Bikes are meant to be ridden, not to show off, imo.
Aufitt and Gizmo like this.

Last edited by Kojiiro; 10-19-2016 at 03:18 AM.

post #54 of 59 Old 10-20-2016, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
I always like to add these two cents to any upgrade thread because it's always mentioned...

As important as it is to get rid of the stock tires if you plan to do aggressive riding, if all you plan to do is commute then they will do the job much, much better. I'm at 6,000 miles on my R3 and still have another couple thousand miles left on them. If you commute, and that is all, you will have a hard time finding a better tire than the stock ones.
Gizmo likes this.
post #55 of 59 Old 10-21-2016, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have the S20 evo's on my bike and it was the best upgrade I have done so far, I'm on my second set already after 12,000km!

Last edited by Husty Lang; 10-21-2016 at 12:13 AM.
post #56 of 59 Old 10-21-2016, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyality View Post
If you commute, you've got eleventy billion more times chance that the stock ones will kill you

Let me fix that for you

I blame the Internet.
post #57 of 59 Old 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
I'm sorry, how so? I ride my R3 5 days a week, 300+ miles a week and not once have I felt my tires were an issue. But I don't ride like that on the street. When these tires wear out I will replace them with someones stock takeoffs for cheap because all I want out of my tires is good wet handling and long life, which this tire provides both of.

To understand, tire choice is very important to me. I have RS10s on my S1000RR and I love them to death. They stick like glue to the pavement, but that's a very different bike with a very different purpose.
Gizmo likes this.
post #58 of 59 Old 10-22-2016, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage
During the summer months, I didn't notice the tires being anything less than sufficient for my type of riding. I also commute on the bike when weather permits and with a 50 mile commute, I get a lot of time on the bike.
Once the weather started getting cooler, the tires took on a whole new personality. Once you get much below 50 degrees, things change. I can feel that the traction on these stock tires is much less than during the warmer months and even without any aggressive riding, they had me bing extra precautions more than a few times.
This is the norm for any tire but I do wonder if a softer, stickier tire would do better during the cooler mornings, in turn extending my riding season another month.

For now, I'm sticking with the stock tires as well. They work okay and for my long commute, I'd be changing tires every other month on a more agressive tire compound.

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Lightech Rear Turns, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #59 of 59 Old 01-16-2017, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
first things i did were exhaust, power commander, fender eliminator, and 7 degree vortex clipons. if i had to pick just one to start with i'd do clip ons. that or exhaust and power commander at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page