ID:	31578  
torrid_pace and Braunbear66 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 Old 03-16-2016, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
So I take it you wont be endorsing the stock tires? LOL.

I am glad you are ok though. I am pretty excited to read about your race. Will you make it in 10 days?
Braunbear66 likes this.
post #13 of 72 Old 03-16-2016, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Everyone waiting for raceglass, all over the country

If there is a smart O/S supplier huge market right now for spares.

I blame the Internet.

Last edited by Aufitt; 03-16-2016 at 11:30 PM.

post #14 of 72 Old 03-17-2016, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiiro View Post
So I take it you wont be endorsing the stock tires? LOL.

I am glad you are ok though. I am pretty excited to read about your race. Will you make it in 10 days?

Definitely won't be endorsing them, they went in the bin today and the supercorsa's went on

The race glass, rearsets and a few other bits and pieces arrived while I was as the track destroying the bike. There really isn't much damage when I peeled off all of the road parts off. A couple of bent brackets which were easily straightened, new clipons should arrive in a couple of days, new rear brake line should arrive tomorrow, replaced the rear brake reservoir today, replaced the U bolt that holds the front master cylinder to the handlebar. The bike should definitely be ready by next week
With everything stripped off again it doesn't look so bad

I also installed the rearsets, they are awful cheap Chinese rubbish but they came with the race package. I changed to GP shift as well (it'll be the first time I've tried it ).
I also installed the "fairings"... These are the worst set of race glass I have ever seen, they are thin, flimsy, no reinforcement, average fitting, the "gel coat" is paper thin. I'm not sure what brand they are but I would never choose to purchase this particular brand again! However, the bike is starting to look like a bike again

I'm still waiting on the engine cases to be sent out though (sent today apparently).

My leathers ended up with a small hole in the right hip so I took it to a repairer today, I must admit I'm a little nervous because I haven't seen this guys work before
My helmet got dinged up as well

Helmet shopping resulted in a new lid, unfortunately the range was very limited in the few bike shops I visited
Braunbear66 likes this.
post #15 of 72 Old 03-17-2016, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Glad to hear your okay and getting back at it! Good luck this season! Stay safe!
post #16 of 72 Old 03-17-2016, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mate, you'll be good, you're the King of bounce backs. Great report as we're wondering how you're going over there. Told James to pit by us on Sunday. Best of luck for your next bit.
post #17 of 72 Old 03-17-2016, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
your a warrior man!
post #18 of 72 Old 03-17-2016, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Good on you, buddy! I think you're going to be the new underdog favorite of this forum.

Any fool can ride like a badass at the track.

But to crash a few times, pick yourself up and get back in the saddle - that takes an admirable amount of courage, determination, and strength of character.

You're an inspiration for all of us aspiring couch racers! Best of luck, and keep it up.
Braunbear66 likes this.
post #19 of 72 Old 03-17-2016, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
Good on you, buddy! I think you're going to be the new underdog favorite of this forum.

Any fool can ride like a badass at the track.

But to crash a few times, pick yourself up and get back in the saddle - that takes an admirable amount of courage, determination, and strength of character.

You're an inspiration for all of us aspiring couch racers! Best of luck, and keep it up.
It also takes Tech saying your bike is still good to go lol. They usually put you on permanent break for the day.
post #20 of 72 Old 03-17-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the support guys
There's not a lot more I can do until the final parts start arriving. So it was time to put some time in to my track van which will also double as accommodation for the race weekends. I'ld love to stay in 5star hotels but this will be a lot more affordable.
This van already has multiple tie down points in the floor which is a huge bonus My sponsor www.kaneg.com.au supplied a 'trailer mate' to make it infinitely easier to load and unload the bike, simply drive the bike into the stand and it remains upright while you tie it down

I also grabbed some 16mm MDF to knock up a "bed" with some storage underneath. There's plenty of room for all of my track gear and plenty of room for parts and spares.

Braunbear66 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page